Welcome to the forum

Zwift Club now Live!

edited January 2022 in General
For club members who also enjoy a little Zwift action, Cycle Club Ashwell Zwift Club is now live.

If you were previously following me via Zwift Companion, you should have an invite to join. If you would like to join, follow me and I'll send you an invite. At the minute, you cannot search and request Club membership.

So, what’s the purpose of Clubs? Much like real-world cycling or running clubs, they let Zwifters organize themselves into groups, then take part in activities together.

In the future Clubs will have a more expanded feature set, but the core function of Clubs today is to let organizers create events. This is something never before seen on Zwift: the ability to create an event and invite others via a simple link.

It’s sort of like creating Meetup, but it’s next level because the event organizer doesn’t have to manually invite individual followers to their event. The link can be shared and anyone can join, if that’s what you want!

Plus, the events feel more official since they begin in standard start pens, like other Zwift events, instead of along roadside like Meetups.

Here’s what Club membership gets you..

* Access to Club homepage and all Club events
* Access to members-only events
* The ability to be designated as an event’s leader or sweeper
* The opportunity to be upgraded to Club Moderator status, so you can invite, kick, or ban Club members
* The opportunity to be upgraded to Club Owner status, which gives you full control of the Club (including event creation)

Club Members can participate in the Club Chat as well – but that will have limited participation until Zwift updates the chat functionality to include things like notifications and private messaging.

Ride on!

Comments

• Do we get club kit?
  • Hi Matt - does this apply to 2nd claim members too? I do follow you & if I had an invite I may have inadvertinly declined it not recognising what it was for. Regards - John Curtin