Welcome to the forum

1st Evening 10TT - Wrestlingworth-Wimpole & Back - 26th April - first rider off 19.01

edited April 2023 in Time Trial
Hi All,

OK, so the 2023 10TT season starts this Wednesday. I need to check on the state of the road surface on Damnation Alley, which I'll do tomorrow (Monday 24th April) and will report back here, also with pics of potholes along New Road/Flecks Lane (the outward leg of our elongated rectangular course.

Cost to ride is now £5 and £6 for non-CCA.

Brendan and Steve M. have volunteered to help, so I think we're good for helpers.

Unfortunately, the hall will be in use for tomorrow - though we will have use of the hall for the remainder of the races - so sign-on will be from the back of my car in the carpark from about 6.15 p.m.

Any questions, please shout.

Comments

• edited April 2023
    OK, a change of plan. I risk assessed Damnation Alley last evening after reports of a poor road surface and in my opinion the road is unsafe to race. I’ll put up some pics here later to show all.

However, what this means is that we will be using the Wrestlingworth-Wimpole-Wrestlingworth course instead this week - and possibly for the rest of the season.
  • edited April 2023
    There is a narrow strip on the right hand (wrong) side of the road to pass these huge/deep potholes - which we can't direct you to take, because we have to follow the Highway Code whilst racing - but, get your line wrong at speed and in a TT position, I shudder to think of the consequences...enough said!
  • edited May 2023
    Just 4 out on an overcast, cool and breezy evening. Congrats to Martin with a strong performance in the conditions. A promising first ride too from "Alister".

Thanks to Steve M. and Brendan R. for helping out.

RESULTS (CCA unless indicated)
      1. M. Lawless 24.04
      2. S. Douglas 27.45
      3. R. Bumstead 28.29
      4. A. Scott (CC Luton) 34.35
    Brendan will wait a few weeks before posting on the Handicap etc. as the season starts to take shape...
  • @BrendanR , I'm a fully paid up CCA member so can you include me in the handicap please
  • @SteveDouglas Thanks Steve. I will include you.