Welcome to the forum

Fantasy Cycling 2011

edited March 2011 in General
CALLING ALL CLASSICS AND GRAND TOUR CYCLING JUNKIES!!!!

Someone sent me this fantasy cycling link and thought we could run up an Ashwell league. First race is on Saturday with Milan San Remo. The races covers all the major cycling races over the year.

Pretty much the same as Fantasy Football leagues of the past. Pick 9 riders within the budget (1xG.C, 1 x sprinter, 1x climber, 2x all rounders and 4 x domestiques) and transfer in and out throughout the season. Rules are really simple.

Simply pick your team before Saturday for the MSR and enter "6651" to join the league

Best of all, its free!

http://road.cc/fantasy-cycling-2011

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Nice one Dave, gonna have a go at that!!

Edit: signed up and joined league!
  • just doing it.

we got a league?
  • Yes mate I set it up earlier. Just enter 6651 where it says join a league.
  • I'm in -Thanks for setting this up Dave
  • done mine. here's my starting 9

Bradley WIGGINS SKY 25.0 GC
    Matthew Harley GOSS THR 31.0 PC
    C
  • My team is:
    WIGGINS Bradley (SKY)
    CAVENDISH Mark (THR)
    PINEAU C
  • haven't finished mine yet - run out of money!!!!!! just wanted to highlight the thing on transfers i just spotted!

"""""Each rider is assigned a starting value and you have a starting budget of 175 credits to spend. You get to pick your fantasy team consisting of nine riders and you can make substitutions up to the start of the Milan - San Remo, the first scoring race. After that you can make a number of transfers per stage: two during a stage race, four between the Spring Classics and unlimited changes at other times. For the Grand Tours, riders not competing will be removed from the game as the final squads are announced, they will show in your team with a grey name and can be transferred in the unlimited transfer period before a Grand Tour starts""""""
  • Sandy CASAR (FDJ)
    Borut BOZIC (VCD)
    Michele SCARPONI (LAM)
    Philippe GILBERT (OLO)
    Heinrich HAUSSLER (GRM)
    Michael BARRY (SKY)
    Thomas DE GENDT (VCD)
    Mikhail IGNATYEV (KAT)
    Matthew WILSON (GRM)
  • wtf???

my team has changed value but got no points!!!
  • Just transferred Roger Hammonnd and Bert Grabsch out and replaced with Lieuwe Westra and Lars Boom for Gent-Wevelgem.