Welcome to the forum

UK Ironman Race

edited August 2011 in General
Well after all these months of training i finally completed the UK Ironman race on Sunday. Covered the 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile marathon run in 12 hours and 17 minutes which far exceeded my expectations.

Definitely not one for the faint hearted but if you want a good challenge then this could be it!!!

All in all a great race and something i will remember for the rest of my life. Would i ever do another one ~ Never!!! (well for now anyway)

Comments

• Respect Andy!
  • Welcome to the club,well done Andy, the pain will fade but the memory will last forever
  • awesome mate - congratulations - best you start thinking about your 'challenge' for 2012!!
  • edited August 2011
    That is simply awesome Andy....I really don't know how you/Geoff and Robbie do these events.....couldn't run that far or swim that far as a single sport let alone all 3 together........well done
  • edited August 2011

My proud moment!!! Looks and sounds a doddle now compared to Robbies Norseman event.

Looking forward to now getting back out on the bike over the coming months.

Cheers
  • edited August 2011
    Andy, don't you dare dilute your achievement! If my memory serves me correctly you are in a class of 3 out of c150 CCA members who have even entered let alone completed such a momentous endurance event. Admittedly, yes, Robbie has raised the bar somewhat ;-) but that in no way makes your achievement 'a doddle'.

Well done again matey, top man!!!!