Welcome to the forum

HELP NEEDED For Grass Track BBQ Thurs 1st Sept

edited August 2011 in General
I need about 6/8 bodies to help me from approx 4pm- 8pm (or any 2 hour slot that might suit)

Any willing mums, dads, aunts uncles or indeed sons and daughters who can offer their services would be brilliant.

I need:

1 sous-chef (assistant burger, hot-dog flipper!)

2 maitre d' - very important- front of house (telling people what they can have with their burger!)

2 sommeliers- also key roles describing the vintage, bouquet and the pouring of the fine wines on offer (Tesco plonk!)

2 food disribution technicians (servers!)

2 cash flow regulators (working the till!)

Seriously tho- I need YOUR help for some or part of the day. PLEASE!!

Let me know below what you can offer to help out.

Thankyou!!

Comments

• Hi Chris

I'll be around, so count me in - flipping dogs or whatever. Do we have a contingency for refreshments in case of that british summer problem - rain?
  • Thanks Steve

Sending out an SOS to all other members

I need your help, PLEASE!
  • VicVic
    edited August 2011
    Put me down to help Chris, I can manage any of the required tasks as I help run a fundraising BBQ at various large local events for our local scout troop several times a year and have done all of the above jobs before.

Vic
  • cheers mate- and then there were 3!
  • edited August 2011
    I am getting a little worried guys...we have 12 people who are taking Friday off to ride to Wells but Chris only has 2 volunteers on Thursday to help on OUR own grass track event....We have 7 acres of land...a fantastic racing venue...bikes to ride....coaching sessions on each Saturday...Chris is organising a BBQ..we will have a national cycling champion Ottilie Morgan, British and World Transplant Games Champion Road Racer, to give out prizes...a 70ft marquee so the fun can continue in inclement weather..racing for youths on freewheel bikes..and on fixed wheel. from 4-6pm..Max Pendleton in charge of all Fixed wheel racing and Adult and Junior racing from 6-8pm.....come on everyone..it's YOUR track and our opening event...get behind Chris and help him make this work for everyone...check out our website for ALL details.
    Why not drop in to the site on Thursday evening or Saturday morning to see what we have
  • I you build it, they will come!

Does that mean Merckx and Coppi will be flipping burgers then?!

Come and find out...
  • Hi Chris

Put me down as a helper. I'll have the boys with me so probably a job away from the BBQ would be safer - happy to be on the till / drinks whatever else is needed.

Lindsey
  • And then there were 4... scary!

Thanks Lindsey. Much appreciated!!
  • Chris

Willing to help but will not be able to make it till about 5 o'clock.

Gavin
  • Chris,

Me and Emma can help out too with food/drink but probably can't make it before 6 as we are both working.

Cheers

DavidJ
  • 7 - magnificent!
  • Thanks for the support folks!

could do with one or two more bodies early doors tho please....
  • Hi Chris, I will be around during the day until about 6pm, more than happy to help as early as you want.
    Jez
  • Chris - I'm planning to be around as well to make myself useful wherever needed.

Cheers,
    Adam
  • thanks for stepping up Jezzzzz and Adam
  • I will be available Chris, not much good at cooking but will help wherever is needed
    Geoff118
  • looking good guys......can I please ask for at least 4-5 people to be around from 12 noon if possible...I need some help to put up our marquee.......it's a commercial sized one and takes a few to erect....I will have it there ready to put up.. .usually takes a couple of hours.
  • thanks for help people

anyone got a back up gas bbq or trestle tables we can borrow please?

cheers
  • I can make it for 4pm and am happy to help where needed. Have some bbq tongs and a couple of bags of charcoal which will bring along.
  • I should be able to get over for noon and help all afternoon.

Do we park up the track, or off site and walk up?

Vic
  • edited August 2011
    park on our grounds Vic and James
    thanks for the help
  • I am happy to help from 4pm .
  • thanks for tongs and charcoal James

and thanks too Geoff 118, Adam and Chennels- looking good!
  • For a minute then, I thought that it said thongs, not tongs. Imagine that, doing a BBQ in a thong, ouch!!
  • never say never Lee! Dont give Geoff ideas!

If anyone can get there for noon to help erect Geoffs marquee- not a euphemism- fnaa fnaa, please let me know!

needs about 5 of us as it is a big one! ooh er missus!

BBQ NEWS... We are well covered- we prob have enough to get away with 2 hour shifts each, but please feel free to do more!

We have 150 burgers, 150 hot-dogs and 70 lemon chicken kebabs to to shift....
  • Chris,
    Cameron is bringing 48 cans of fanta and 24 cans D/Cokes...
    Rgds
    Cardinal
  • awesome!

does he need me to pick him/them up?

thankyou!!!!