Welcome to the forum

Main website development

edited April 2008 in General
Hi CCA members Geoff has suggested all those who want to discuss the development of the main website (cycleclubashwell.org.uk) get together at his house on Friday evening May 2nd (earliest I can make is 7pm - that OK?). From this meeting we can put a working group together to progress the main site.

Comments

• I know Dave Swain in training in Liverpool so probably won't make it.

All welcome
  • If anyone would prefer another date - say so. Or upload your coments here for an agenda.
  • Tim Skelding says he'll be at Geoff's at 7ish. I feel we could do with more representation on the 'racing' side of things - Trahern?

Downloadable here is a schematic sitemap and 'sketch' design I completed to show a programmer friend who is prepared to do the club a mates rates programming/design;

http://senduit.com/fbb364

(the link will expire in a week)

From this, the programmer replied;
    'My first thought is that as the site would need to be updated fairly regularly (Club runs, Calendar, News) we could use a TypePad blog system to run the site. This means that folks with a username and password can log-in and easily update certain pages. '

If you intend on turning up on Friday, maybe worth a look at this stake in the ground beforehand.

thanks
  • Martin, just added my input but wasn't logged in & it didn't therefore save, Doh! so rather than typing it all again I'll save the detail until tomorrow night however the key points were:

- weekend ride info in advance
    - time trial info & results
    - trip info and reports
    - race info & reports
    - new members
    - Q&A
    - technical page
    - kit
    - training tips

that should keep us going for a while!

see ya 2morrow :)

Tim
  • Hello all

Following Friday's good meeting - here is a download link to an outline of the structure and responsibilities for the main website development.

http://senduit.com/24cbb5

Note - this link will expire by Monday 12th

Geoff, Trahern, Tim Skelding, Richard - please pay particular attention as I've outlined within the different text requirements I'd like from you. I hope nothing is too taxing. If you're struggling - let us know and we'll divide another way. I'd like to have all content by 16th May.

Pictures - Geoff/Richard - please give me access or drop off a CD of pix. We should take a few pics on the next club runs and races too perhaps - mixing it up with adult and youth, competitive with leisure.

Any issues/additions - stick it on the forum here.
  • Had a quick look Martin........Didn't volunteer for TT FAQ...suggest ask Andy nicely as he has all the info. necessary.
    Also Forms Christmas do...please ask James or Andy..both have far more up to date inkling of probs...or even Ian and Jayne Clarke..as I'm sure they might have some ideas to assist having sorted loads for Clarion.
  • all looks good, will get cracking on it :)
  • further to my comments re: 'a.n.other club who put a forthcoming programme together' it was James Davis who mentioned it to me regarding Bishops Stortford CC. Here is the link to their Sunday Ride section - http://www.bs-cc.org/clubruns.htm - a nice touch is they have also added in the Pro races programme as well. what i like is that it is clean, simple and if the rides are obviously known to them they can plan whether or not it fits into their personal life. if we could add 'map my ride' links I think this would be a really informative page.
  • Agreed - lots to learn from here. Note the list of club officials - breaking down responsibilities. We'll need bob to draw the various rides I reckon. We could number/name them - it'd really help gauge time/distance. Not sure if the faster group need this info too?
  • I'm putting out a request for any good pictures to help show variety within the club. Got some good youth ones from Richard and I took a few on the recent Geoff Denny 100. Anything you think might help show the club off - please email martin@300million.com thanks