Welcome to the forum

ROYSTON BASED AUDAX EVENT - 107 km - 9.30am Sunday 18th May 2008

edited April 2008 in General
All riders welcome - Entry fee £3.50 + £2.00 Third Party Insurance. Or £5.00 entry fee + £2.00 insurance for late entries.

PLEASE NOTE: 'CYCLE CLUB ASHWELL MEMBERS' WILL NOT NEED TO PAY THIS INSURANCE FEE.

If you wish to enter, please go to: www.audax.uk.net, then click on calendar to find the event which you will see is titled 'Spring out of Royston' . Complete the entry form and send this together with your cheque and two SAEs to my home address as per this form.

Tea & Coffee etc. will be available before the start of the event. Food and refreshments will also be available at the end of the ride.

Any questions, phone John on 01763 246719 or 07710 973992.

Entries can be taken up until a few days before the event. However, EARLY ENTRIES ARE PARTICULARLY WELCOME and make organising so much easier!

Comments

• sorry there was a conflict with our Primavera races John.....How did the event go..I hope lots turned up to make it worth the effort you went to.

Maybe we can plan it in better next year
  • I quite understand with the club having a commitment to the Primavera races, as this was booked long before the club was made aware of this Audax event.

33 riders completed the event, which was about 10 down on last year.

This I am advised is fairly consistent with entries numbers in recent months, and it is suspected that fuel prices are the main cause of this. As up until the beginning of this year entry numbers had been consistently and steadily rising nationally. All appeared to enjoy the event and I had many appreciative comments from those that took part.

I had entries from as far away as Norwich, Northampton, Central London and South Essex, so it is perhaps not surprising.

CCA was well represented by Kez & John Duxbry, who both enjoyed the ride and completed the event in respectful times.

I would appreciate and welcome entries from the club next time - it would be good to see some blue CCA shirts taking part, and perhaps even some of those Rapha ones also hey?

The next 100km (63km) Spring out of Royston event will take place 10am Sunday 17th May 2009.

Happy pedalling.......

John
  • PS I've just remembered; I think I may have found a potential Sunday middle group rider - Richard Smith who lives in Arlesey. Emails about trying a ride out with the club were exchanged with myself and Geoff.....has anyone seen him.....? John
  • Has anyone seen Richard, if you find him and he wants to ride over on a Sunday morning get him to ring 01462 731676, the hotline for the original Arlesey flyer, he can ride over with me.
  • edited June 2008
    Hi, I joined the Club ride on the 8th June for my first CCA ride and really enjoyed it. I mailed Geoff about joining the Club.

Cheers Arlesey Flyer, I'll ring you before I ride over next time and by the look of some of your postings I'll try and keep up.

Hope to see you all again on a Sunday soon.