Welcome to the forum

Off-Road [grass track/fitness] Wednesdays

edited September 2010 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Hi,

I will be running off-road training all winter at Knights Templar Sports Centre. This will be on Wednesday evenings from 7pm until 8:30pm. This is open to all club members of any age. The sessions will cover Cyclo-Cross skills and techniques and general fitness for those not racing this winter. I'm sorry it clashes with the Weds MTB rides, I couldn't book it for any other evening. We are running so many sessions as a club now. Welwyn Wheelers run their own very successful version of this that I helped establish. It's great fun and training even for those not planning to race off-road. You just need a basic MTB.

A Cyclo-Cross or MTB will be fine. Bring trainers as well as we will start with a running warm up. Bring plenty of layers and drinks.

The cost is £3.50, £2.50 for Under 18's. This is to cover use of the site. The changing rooms will be open so you can shower afterwards.

The first session will be Weds 6th October. Please let me know if you are coming so I know it is worth running.

Mark.

Comments

• Hi,

Just a reminder that the first session of training is this Wednesday (whatever the weather).

Martin, can you sticky this thread please.

Mark.
  • Hi,

If you are missing your regular training then we are still running at Knights Templar on Wednesday evenings. The session is hard enough to keep you warm whatever the weather.

You just need a MTB and lots of energy.

Mark.
  • Hi,

Wednesday evenings are now switching to fitness/grass track cycle training. An off-road bike with gears is still needed but there won't be any cyclo-cross skills anymore. It's getting dry enough that a road bike with 25mm tyres would get round.

I will keep this going as long as I get enough to keep things interesting.

Mark.