Welcome to the forum

Invite from BRCC to join a local TT league

edited October 2010 in Time Trial
I've had the following email sent to me from BRCC about a local TT league next year. I said I'd reply to him with CCA interest levels. Can you please let me know if you would be interested in taking part. Forum posting fine.
Ta
Trahern

Hi Trahern,

I'm organising the Inter-Club time trial series for Bedfordshire Road cycling club next year.

We compete with Hitchin Nomads and Icknield Road club each year, with 5 events comprising of
10, 15, 25, 30 mile and a hill climb. It is always a friendly series and adds to the cameraderie between our local clubs.

We would like to invite CC Ashwell to join us, as we can have up to 4 clubs in the series, under CTT rules.

You are quite local to us and we often cross tracks with CC Ashwell riders while out training, so we
thought it might well be of interest to you.

We plan to have prizes for rider categories, as well as the overall team prize for highest club aggregate points, so we hope it would be of interest to a wide range of riders and abilities.

What do you think?

You'd be most welcome to join us in this friendly inter-club series. Let me know if this is of interest and we can
include you in the planning for next year.

Any questions, let me know and I'll try to help. It is a tentative idea at present, but potentially should be of benefit to us all.

With best regards,

Graham Laming
treasurer for BRCC

Comments

• definately interested!
  • agree, sounds like a great idea
  • Intending to return to racing next year, so I'll be interested.
  • That sounds like a great local venture for all you budding testers, and CCA really should be involved in my opinion. Remember though that this sort of thing doesnt just happen by itself and there will be a commitment to help organise and probably put on at least one of the events. Maybe our club 25 could be the inter club 25 for example.
    Im happy to organise something like that but might need some help. Definately worth doing but really needs quite a few riders to commit to the racing to make it worth doing. I guess what im thinking is that i wouldnt want to organise an event for all the other clubs in the area with very little CCA representation. Going by this season though that wouldnt be a problem.

TD.
  • Yes. Sound a good one!
  • my aim is to race next year- so a great motivation to get involved

its a yes from me!
  • so what is happening?? have we accepted the offer? is there a time limit or can we enter anytime?
  • I've replied to Graham saying that there was considerable interest from CCA memebers. He said he was still awaiting feedback from Icknield, and wouldbe in touch when things were moving forwards.

Trahern