Welcome to the forum

HILL CLIMB INSTRUCTIONS

edited October 2010 in Time Trial
Hi Folks,

Hope you are all ready for next sundays hill climb. Signing on will be at the usual place (cemetary) at the usual time. I will be there from 8.45. Once everyone who wants to is signed on you can ride over while i drive over and put the signs up etc.

riders will be sent off at minute intervals once we are all ready.

important points;
no warming up on the hill once the event has started.
there is very little room at the start line and only the starter and the rider should be there. Everyone else milling around please stay on the grass and dont block the entrance to the housing estate. ie keep off the road.
Once you have finished come back down (carefully) or spectate, please do not bother the finish timekeeper.
We will have the result on the grass at the bottom.

important points for riders;
dont have a big breakfast, it really wont help!
Please warm up properly. use the main road or the housing estate road and try to approach the start line at the last minute. dont stand around chatting for 20 minutes and then ride the race. this leads to injury and pavement pizzas!
make sure you are in the right gear at the start, it starts steep so no room for error,
its a great hill climb hill, have fun.

Afterwards i suggest we can resume the club runs, it will all be over by 10.30. so even if you dont want to ride come and spectate and cheer on your clubmates.
Can anyone beat last years champ Vince? He reckons hes a bit out of sorts but was flying up the Kemmelberg the other week.
How about some of the youth riders giving it a go? i suspect there are some very superior power/weight ratios out there, come and show the old boys how its done.
Also the worst of the holes and rough bits have been patched (bit of a shame really)

I could do with a bit of marshalling at the car park half way up, just in case any traffic comes in or out. volunteers welcome.

See you all at the signing on.

TD

Comments

• Oh, and i forgot to say, entry is £2.

TD
  • Here's the profile for the 0.6 mile lungbustah.

null

Looks like there's a breather after about 0.18 miles. That'll be the car park. A chance to jump in the car and drive the rest of it.

And nearly half of it is a flat time-trial. That'll mix the placings up a bit I reckon. There's even a 3ft descent in there somewhere. Probably a pot-hole.

Spotted: rumor has it of at least a couple of CCA riders doing some intensive secret training... Anything for a bit of silverware and an etched name, eh?
  • Thanks for the profile Martin, and riders, dont forget the clocks go back. Although if you "do a Geoff" and forget at least you will have an extra hour to warm up!
  • DPCDPC
    edited October 2010
    Tim,

What time is first man off on Sunday? I presume 10:00

Darren
  • Darren,
    When we all get over there really.
    Officially 9.30 is the start time, but it will probably slip a bit.
    Tim.