Welcome to the forum

Medium 24th October

edited October 2010 in Club runs
Only 13 out today so all went off together with the intention to split into a 40 and a 60 miler at a convenient point. Cold to start with but soon warmed up into glorious sunshine. As intended the split occurred with 6 going for the 60. A mechanical took us down to 5, sorry don't know your name but hope you got picked up ok. Carmelo was on the front 100 % of the time with all others taking their turn. Tim and Lee turned off for home at convenient points leaving just Strappy, Carmelo and myself returning to Ashwell. All in all an excellent ride, no punctures, 67 miles at 18.5.

Comments

• carmelo
    cheers for a great ride got back home with 85 miles on the clock my avg was down a bit as my legs were shot
    best part of the way home.A big thanks to carmelo who like kevin said just never came of the front pulling
    duties the whole time what a power house,going out monday night with a mate from work first port of call
    the weston hill in the dark should be fun.
    see you next week.
    strappy.
  • Hi guys,

likewise, thanks for the ride yesterday. I had a nice round 80 on the clock (counted as 127km as I've gone continental!) by the time I got home and like strappy my legs were starting to complain 3/4 of the way round. thanks for letting me get back on! hopefully, see you on the hill next week.
    Lee
  • well done to you guys too!...a lttle harder than I wanted to go at this time of year and a shame we seemed to scare a few off at the turn..it wasn't that bad ..honest!..but as I've mentioned before,it's great to see that there are some really strong riders in the club now...good time to set some goals for next year..you never what you might achieve... at any age!