Welcome to the forum

Sat 6 Nov 8.30am: middle ride 70 miler

edited November 2010 in Club runs
Nice weather for going out west. Pretty route. Woburn, brickhill errr hill, potsgrove, sundon hill, lilley valley, kings walden, Preston, wymondley. Can be shortened to under 60 by going off down hexton hill if anyone short on time.

Looking to keep it 17-18mph middle pace. Group ride. No silly beggars or leaving people behind.

Will post route later.

8.30am @ the cemetery. Hope to see you there.

Comments

• Bit longer than I thought - 74 miles. So the Hexton break-off would be just over 60 I suspect.

http://tiny.cc/brick74
  • I'll be there AND no time restrictions! Now there's a first!
    Been collating Brownie points like there's no tomorrow ;-)

Skelders
  • Looks great Martin, wish I could, but on child minding duties this Saturday. Hope to be out Sunday though
    Have a great ride.
  • how do you collate brownie points Tim??.sounds like a good ride though..enjoy................Oh, on another issue...I was thinking this group might be prime targets for the Turbo sessions on Thursday eve....check the forum for this and let me know please. can you sticky these please Martin?
  • Hi Martin, Nice route - I'm going to set of at 8am and follow your route to Langford/Broom,then do a u-turn and meet you guy's coming the other way, and then join you all for the rest of the ride. Hope that make sense - Cheers
  • Nice one Phil - see you around about the bridge over the A1 I reckon.

Tim: it'll be great to see you on the bike. I thought you'd joined CC Dine Banghla. And thanks for the bibs - they're amazing. Will post a pic soon.

Geoff: I'd love to make the turbo sessions. Hope to see you there soon.

Pete - see you soon. Maybe take the same route on the weekend? Us Saturday boys will dry the roads off for the Sunday posse.
  • martin
    i am off work tomorrow so i will join you if not at the start then on route.
  • I can't make any promises but I am hoping to get up for this one as this Saturday night is likely to put me in poor order for a Sunday ride.

Geoff: Hoping to join in on Thursdays depending on my dairy each week.

ttfn
  • James, 8.05 outside urs then?

Geoff, that's predictive txt 4 u .... shd hav read 'collecting' 8-}
  • I realised that Tim...couldn't resist..you know me :-).see you some Thursdays then James...Ta..you too Martin.
  • 5 weeks off the bike, c150 pints & at least 10 curries = a beasting today!! ouch!!

Thanx Martin for a great ride, sorry to hold you up at the hills (nothing new there then!) ...

bling bling
  • Martin, Terrific ride today - ta muchly.....
  • 6 out today with the great weather. Me, Phil, Skelders, Malcolm, Strappy and young Josh Maynard.

It's a great route. A bit technical and tight around the Brickhills though - take care on tight, greasy, leafy roads at this time of year if you go for it. Hillier than I thought. Not far off the Geoff Denny in climbing in three-quarters the distance.

Good to watch Phil tackle Bow Brickhill on his fixie [well I wasn't going to be ahead of him was I?], screaming in agony - but 'avin it! And it's very humbling for Josh to be so relaxed that he resorts to making jokey whooshing noises on tight corners because he's so at ease - while I'm cross-eyed at full pelt. Agonizing!

Good to see Skelders back. In true Skelders style - he's back in style! Sporting bling-o-rama shiny pearlescent SIDI shoes. I had to take a photo. Note: that is mud on the shoe, so doubtless they'll be off to be hand buffed in Italy somewhere before reappearing in the summer.

null

I held on til Bygrave before blowing a gasket holding on to Phil and Josh's wheel. Coming in under 17mph average with hill top stoppages.
  • bling bling

They're with Antonio now ... :-)
  • martin
    what a cracking ride with lovely weather very hilly !!! a bit of robby that one great to get some miles in even though i was late arriving and early leaving you guys i still notched up 65miles and boy did my legs know it by the end.
    back to sundays for me next week so should see you all next week.
    strappy.
  • Sorry I missed it. I had forgotten my other half had planned a day out in London with her mum.

Bad for my cycling but good for her wardrobe.