Welcome to the forum

CCA monthly pub meeting- tues 7 Oct

edited October 2008 in General
Hi all

Did anyone get out on Sunday? Or was it the first wipe-out?

This tuesday evening is the club pub chit-chat at the Rose & Crown, Ashwell [high street]. From 7.30-8pm. I'll try and make it for a couple of pints - but might struggle.

The club is going to think about upcoming trips and events for 09 - so if you do make it - a good opportunity to get your oar in on what you'd like the club to do.

Comments

• But of course Martin........9 of us...mix of fast and madium.......James self and Alec decided two bridges in reverse..cos that's the way the rest wanted to go so split at Langford....still got soaked...Phil came out fix wheel so decided to take off on his own and the nasty boys went we know not where but must have been wetter than us. Dave S wanted to do an 80 miler..Carmelo a 60 miler..don't know what they decided we settled for 32 or so....Alex of the skull shirt rubbed our noses in it by coming out on a mountain bike abomination with mile thick studded tyres...still kept up easily..........
  • madium? Sounds about right...

well done - very brave.
  • Well the 'nasty boyz' (I feel quite priviledged to be included in such a description :), weren't too nasty. I think we averaged 18's & did about 45 miles. Carmelo & Dave lead pretty much the whole way round, with myself, Tony, Alex (on said Mountain bike!!) & Keith (who joined us just as Geoff & co broke off) assisting where we could. where did we go? well those of you who know me well, will know that I get memory loss at about the end of Kingsland Terrace or in Sunday's case Newnham Hill so no detailed descriptions from me... a big water tower by a bridge, Langley, Henlow, something..ington, possibly shill, and I think another 'ington lots of rain however good spirits throughtout the peleton due to the temperature being pleasantly warm?! well until our return through Henlow that is (may have been our second visit?) when the temperature dropped by a good 5 degrees... pace promtly picked up with a fairly punchy pace up Langley hill and that water tower & bridge again ;-).... i fancied my chances against Carmelo & Dave for the sprint but without my leadout man - Pete, where were you? surely your knee is better by now ;-) - Carmelo popped me right back in my place.

all in all a very enjoyable ride considering the rain, one puncture (me) with a lesson in speedy puncture repair from Carmelo -Thanks :) and tea & cake in Andy's garage with heater :-))))

PS - don't worry James, my new saddle is only slightly scratched ;-)