Welcome to the forum

Cheshire Cat - Sunday 27th March 2011

2»

Comments

• realised i'm doing skelders a disservice not mentioning the massive turn he did after the hills to get me and chris back up to the front three. he was then unlucky to miss the train after feed 2, and must have motored on his own to only finish a few minutes behind us all.
  • Cheers Stef, I think that turn early on actually buggered my finish as it goes. Gutted to have missed the train leaving feed 2 but heh, sh!t happens. Note to self 'be more vigilant at feed stops for hidden timing masts!'

thoroughly enjoyed the ride, hated Mow Cop... as per the legend below, the organisers are 'Assassins'!!

The first use of the Pyrenees in the Tour:

The race turned into an epic battle between the 1909 winner Fran
  • Great ride this apart from the start and finish. I dont like hills like Mow Cop as whilst they are legendary they are too much to include in a big event like this. Its impossible to climb them in anything but extreme discomfort. You cant breath, you cant stay smooth, its like pushing weights whilst standing on a wobble board for several minutes. Left me felling sick for quite a while after. But as has been said its in the legs now!

Enjoyed the big train moments even though i kind of knew later in the ride we would pay for it. We had good speed for quite a while and the weather was perfect to assist this. Next time we will go for longer and then the time after that longer still. Its all part of the plan eh :)-

Thanks to Tim for the travel assistance and the whole train for a brilliant early season opener. Thank god the winter is officially over.

Kind find any results or photos yet so will keep a lookout

Looking forward to this Saturday now and the Easter Monday event. Ride on!!
  • Photos are up chaps, keep your eye out for the 'blue train' pic i remember being taken early on. It didn't show up in my little batch (1775)
  • Skelders is keen to show the Mow Cop pub to explain 'murderous'. Found this;
    null
  • out of 1,195 riders in the 100 miler our team finished:

Robbie - 186th
    Stef - 197th
    James - 210th
    Martin - 211th
    Tim - 243rd
    Chris - 313th

not bad boyz :-)
  • that's enough to make
    me hurt just looking at it without doing another 99 miles as well.......respect guys
  • Cheer up Skelders - just 18 hills left...

null
  • LOL... yes, i saw that one, I know its the 'Cheshire Cat' but you look far too happy !!

Don't you rememebr, I said - "put your race face on for the camera"!!!!
  • What's the link for the photos chaps?