Welcome to the forum

Saturday 20th Nov 8.30am - Middle ride

edited November 2010 in Club runs
Given the forecasted wind direction - over to Finchingfield?

73 miler version of the usual way there here - generally wider roads... less punctures? Maybe? Statistically not as lumpy as it can feel but a bit of hillage in there.

Likely around 17mph av - it's been around that the last couple of weeks. All very social.

Comments

• unfortunately another weekend on the turbo :-(

child care duties all weekend!
  • Alas, I have to work Saturday & Sunday this weekend, so no endorphins for me this week. Will miss another Martin classic but hope to be back next week. Have a good ride.
  • I'll be there, subject to weather. Its a nice route. :-)
  • I hope to be there due to illness may fail... or fail to hang on.

(or due to MC's mtb challenge at chicksands.)
  • martin
    i am off work for a few days but am going to manchester thurs/friday to see my grandaughter i should be
    back in time for your saturday run.
    cheers
    tony.
  • Nice one Martin - I'll set off early, do u-turn and meet the blue train coming the other way - cheers.
  • hi Tony...Manchester Fri/Sat?? wouldn't have anything to do with the velidrome and track revolution series would it?? if not suggest you try to go have a look see....great entertainment
  • Hope to be there. Hope you feel well enough to join us. Daniel
  • Yes. I'll be there on the fixie : )
  • phil,
    i am keen to get out at 8am for an hour as i have to be back for 10ish. fancy meeting up around 8am before joining the rest onroute? i will get to the start at 8am and hopefully see you there. alternatively will do my own little spin, hope the fog lifts.
    Vincent
  • Good gritty ride today and a top route. Cheers chaps.
  • i agree robbie a great ride today, thanks to martin for the route a bit of tough lumpy one, the last 10 home was very slow my legs were shot.
    but i finished with 92 miles on clock so pretty good for a winter ride.
    see you all next week.
    strappy
  • Seven out at 8.30. Me, Daniel, Robbie, Jez, Declan, Phil A and Strappy. Foggy and misty til Essex. Sticky roads - I should have stuck on the mudguards. Sorry. Good route delivering the wider B roads and less flint as hoped. It didn't stop Phil's kevlar breach just after Finchingfield. But that's to be expected at this time of year.

There's only a few 'hill' hills. But there's no real way of getting to Finchingfield and back with it being steadily up and down all the way. Apologies for keeping on promising flat bits; funny how the mind blanks out climbs. They grind away at you on this route. Top respect to Declan - getting back to form - for just diving in at it. Hope you got to Stotfold all good. Indeed, respect to all the four non-Ashwellians who will have packed the extra miles in on top of the route itself.

Lost Phil and Robbie in the fog on the way back - only to bump into them again in Ashwell. So impressive they're on fixies. And a good way of equalizing the group. Back just after 1pm, under 17mph.

Am away for next week's GD100. See you Sat or Sun the week after.
  • Great ride lads, thanks for getting me thru the last 15 miles ;-), its been a while since I broke 50 miles, hope to see you nxt week, Declan
  • declan you irish tinker out with the big boys!

who are foggy and misty who got dropped in essex!! ha
  • Terrific route - thanks Martin.
  • Yes, echo that a great route. 'Down hill to Great Hormead'; the hardest ascent of an downhill I have ever done!

Daniel
  • Misty? He's a good fella, works at Royston Little Chef. Always useful to have around when you need to be seen.

null

And Foggy? He works at Baldock Hardware Store - always messing around with LED lights - so good to have on top of Therfield when the clouds are low.

null