Welcome to the forum

GD 100 - 8AM SATURDAY 27TH NOV

edited November 2010 in Club runs
My doesn't time fly; the last Saturday of this month is just a week away and its time to revisit the GD100 once more. As always, 8am start commencing from the usual spot - cheers all.

Comments

• Looking forward to it as well Phil. See you Saturday.
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • Bumped into James D on the train. Said he'd fancy doing part of the GD - weather permitting...

Here's the 70 mile edit - where you head for Heydon.

http://beta.mapmyride.com/routes/view/map/25705344/?open_ive_done=1

You could bring it down 10 miles or more by heading for Barrington from Haslingfield.
  • not sure if i have a pass yet but could certainly be up for the 70 miler option.

Weather suggests the roads may well be a tad slippy? what do you think?
  • With much regret, I am working this Saturday again. Hope to be out this Sunday and then the Saturday after. Enjoy your ride men.
  • I suggest we meet at 08:00 and make a judgement on the roads. If still frosty we can delay our departure a little. Is this a good plan?

Daniel
  • 8am agreed. And we can make a call on the route too. Might be better to look at gritted roads and not the dark bendy little mothers that catch us out and laugh in the face of men on steel.

R
  • Turbo 4 me tomorrow guys, forecast is sub zero!

Hav a safe ride!
  • Hi guys,

Bit of info for you. I went out this afternoon for a couple of hours. I managed to stay mainly on dry main roads. Thermometer in the car read 2degC. I didn't go over the top on clothing (bibtights, 2 pairs of socks, normal ss shirt and roubaix top) and it was comfortable. However once the sun started to go down at 3pm it got distinctly colder.

When I went to work this morning the car read -3degC. I'll be going out 9:30ish tomorrow so hoping it might have warmed up a tad by then.

If you're all meeting up at 8 be careful, don't want anyone slip sliding away.

Good Luck

Darren
  • Snow no go. Running chaps.
  • So its 06:58 and the roads are covered in snow in Letchworth. More is forecast for Bedford, but not Cambridge nor Letchworth. It probably won't be freezing. So here I am confronted with the classic cyclist's winter dilema; the risk of not being fit versus the risk of injury. There is another choice; getting dammed cold or going back to bed. Today I'm opting for going back to bed!!!! For anyone going out;
    a) you are braver than I,
    b) take care.

Daniel
  • Well, it's the time machine in the garage for me. Then perhaps a little later a ride around the Letchworth Greenways on the mountain bike. Cheers all and be safe.
  • No such wintery problems this weekend for the CCA club run North West special. Biting cold - but dry. Carmelo and I enjoyed a jaunt into the West Pennine hills and to the top of Winter Hill for fine wide views of Snowdon, through to the Lake District and Blackpool Tower in between.

Hope we can all get out a bit this weekend.

null