Welcome to the forum

SATURDAY 4TH

edited December 2010 in Club runs
NO CHANCE of Turbo at school this SATURDAY 4th....the school is fully used for a craft day......I am prepared to open up the hall for these sessions on a Saturday if there is the demand....must have a days notice to let the school know....please respond if interested...would suit all comers and given our recent weather might be a better shot than the road.

Comments

• am up for a ride- any takers?

9.30 that is not stupid o'clock!
  • i can ride Saturday or Sunday but yet to work out which will be the better weather day. It will be icy tomorrow but early is always best for me. happy to do an off-road ride if the Saturday early boys fancy that in the circumstances. We can still get decent mileage doing various bits of the tour of the cornfield route.
  • Am up for an off road thing tmrw... always wanted to do tour of the cornfields (shame it's in -10 wind chill factor!)
    Phil might be up for off roading... MC as well?

What time?
  • This weekend see's the beginning of the racing season for me, so I'll not be participating in the Saturday rides for a bit.

Ride safe and enjoy - especially if going off-road.

I'll be out on Sunday - 8am start if anyone is interested.
  • Race cancelled due to ice - wimps! So change of plan, I'll be out tomorrow morning - cheers
  • Anybody out on the road? Forecast showing temps above zero and no snow. Seems like a weather window not to be missed!
  • Yes. Subject to weather, hoping to kick off at 8am from the usual spot. Temperatures looking okay at the moment.
  • ok so what shall it be road or off road? I am happy with 8am? I am happy either way but may need to confirm first thing tomorrow as i appear to be getting a cold.
    i think we will find ice tomorrow first thing. was out on the roads tonight and it is icy (-5 in Luton at about 7pm).
    must get people's numbers. mine is 01763853714
  • 07971 268519 :)
  • i have thought about the weather and will definitely be out on the cyclo cross tomorrow due to ice but could do on or off road
  • tim i dropped off the trophy with richard maynard so it should arrive on the night
  • edited December 2010
    Chaps. Spoken to Vince and we are definitely out on the mountain bikes off-roading at 9am for a couple of hours meeting at the cemetery.

Peter, I know you are out at 8am on the road bike. Take it easy!

R
  • edited December 2010
    It'll be road for me - at least that's the plan - cheers.
  • See you there at 0800 Phil
  • Robbie,
    cheers for company on the off-road ride today. most enjoyable. only took 45minutes to thaw my left toe.
  • Not sure what all the fuss was about really, Phil and I set off at 0800 on the GD100 route to see how far we could get. We had good roads, even the back roads were clear. Only saw snow/ice on the road from Cople to Moggerhanger. I parted company with Phil at Everton and headed for home, where Phil turned left for Caxton and only he knows how far he went and, knowing Phil he probably did the full ton!
    Whilst riding with Phil I registered 17.2mph average and after separating my clock slowly dwindled until reaching home with 52 miles at 16mph average. I have a feeling Phil's average probably rose!
    I can't help thinking some people missed a trick today as the temp was approaching mild and not at all as painful as last weekend. The roads were fine and although I saw some ice first thing it had completely thawed when I returned. The forecast for Sunday is freezing fog and rain so I'm glad I banked a ride today ;)
    Thanks Mr Adams.
  • A lesson in off roading by Vince.... Different ball game this cyclo-crosss thing! cheers