Welcome to the forum

Sunday 5th Dec, 9am: 39, 49, 58 or 62 miles

edited December 2010 in Club runs
Have a bit of a cold, but if OK in the morning and weather 'doable', here's a steady, familiar ride on mostly wider roads, not too stressful.

http://www.tiny.cc/heydon62

Expecting a low turn-out - so if we all stick together at the start, you can pick a distance to peel off if desired;

Break back to Ashwell at Shepreth-Meldreth-Bassingbourn-Litlington: 39 miles.
Break back to Ashwell from Barkway-Reed-Therfield-Odsey: 49 miles.
Break back to Ashwell from Cromer-Rushden-Slip End: 58 miles.

The full 62 ends going thru Baldock, so suits those that way.

Just an idea.

Comments

• sounds like a plan Martin...let's see who turns up and hope the weather is kind...looks like mark and james are starting a 9.30 run..ho-hum..so we'll never know who is riding in which group again
  • Sorry fellas - feeling too ill to ride - gonna skip this one. Have a good spin.
  • 9 out at 9; Carmelo, Josh, Declan, Jez, GPS Godschalk, Phil A, Sam, Theo and me. Sorry not to see you Martin, hope you feel better soon.

Only Geoff knew where we were going but it was north east to start with. Said navigator seemed to be moaning about pace. A lot. My shaggy son seemed to me moaning about the weight of his bike. Honestly young people are so ungrateful; I spend my hard earned cash on the latest (1980’s) quality lightweight bicycle. It’s Columbus tubing (Tubo del gas). I fitted mudguards and all he can do is complain. Theo was tired (so was I) when we got back so after a little recovery snooze on the sofa I weighed his refurbished bike. 12.2kg isn’t THAT heavy. (Maybe using scaffold clamps for the mudguard stays was a mistake).

The ride was good, despite being on unknown roads. Near the end Carmelo stopped for a pee and then Phil’s rear light fell off. (Who knows if these events were connected). Jez did ‘notice’ and put the hammer down with Declan and Josh in tow. Theo and I chased but ran out juice before we reached them. We picked up Declan in time for Carmelo to catch us asking the obvious question. Phil arrived on the scene after Carmelo had given chase to the escape group. Who got back first lads?

Good to be out in the warm(er) weather. 60miles were recorded.

Daniel
  • Yes was me... Very unsporting not to wait....never mind zee names have been noted in zee little black book!
  • hahaha.good blog.....sorry to nag during ride...clearly not fit enough yet to push that bike around at your speeds.......I might take off the rear pannier, but it is still nearly twice the weight of those carbon "winter " trainers...........well done to Theo for hanging in there with that hand-painted gem of a winter bike...lucky you Theo for having such an understanding dad !!!!.....can't believe Jez would have tried to take advantage....great catch Carmelo...Sam and I saw you restart and put the hammer down........We cruised back at our more sedate pace...hope you all liked the route....it's a good one when the roads are a bit uncertain
  • lmao!

tis the season to be jolly!!

and Jez of the 'bad' leg- me mum told me to never trust your type!! and Geoff nag...never!!!??? and as for that tinker Declan....

glad to see Car 'mellow' easing off...think you guys taking the p**s out of him there!

nice to see everyone enjoying friendly, jovial end of season festive club runs!

ho ho ho!!