Welcome to the forum

Club run review - Sunday 12th October

edited October 2008 in General
15 out in the middle/fast group and similar in the Club Run. Perfect weather - though a bit foggy and cold to start with up Therfield way - Carmelo a bit summery dressed. Geoff and map winded us down Bishop Stortford way - getting down to the Yew Tree Inn I remember from the Geoff Denny 100. Some lovely lanes and beautiful hills - though be careful where its shady - Keith was a faller on a turn - scuffed a bit but saved by his helmet - and his bike will need some work.

You know you're with the fast bunch when it starts getting cranked up for the finish - at Benington. It got a bit hairy - with a bit of edgy cycling and a couple of white vans saying 'hello'. Inevitably, the group split as it shot towards Slip End - don't know who got the sprint. 18+mph all around though for the 57 miles.

Membership fees overdue now - so the club could really do with your cheques if you haven't covered the cost. Visit www.ccashwell.com for the fee and address details.

Comments

• Any chance of uploading the route to MapMyRide?
  • Will do Craig.........was a good ride even if I say so myself..haha...the weather was simply perfect ...what a fantastic Autumn ride...was fun even though the last 12 miles pace was too much for me.

Was good to see 30+ out on the day..That's more like it. Let's hope for a good closed seasons riding for all

nice to see the race boys back in the ride..even if they do test us to the limit