Welcome to the forum

SAT 18th 9.30

edited December 2010 in Club runs
is there a ride tomo?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm heading north to exchange prezzies subject to reasonable roads....be careful all you riders
  • Due to the icy & freezing conditions forecast I've decided to not cycle tomorrow morning.

If you are planning to go out wrap up warm and take care !

See you soon,

DavidJ
  • Going to give it a miss today too - temp likely to stay well below zero. I heard this could be the coldest December for 100 years.
    Beautiful weather for running.
    Dave
  • Anyone interested in bit of off-roading at around 10ish today?
  • Cant do anything today but will be off roading tomorrow if anyone is interested.

About a 3 hr ride Baldock, Wallington, Sandon, Therfield, Kelshall, Royston heath, Litlington then back to Ashwell.

Happy to start in Ashwell if others are interested.

JD
  • turned up but the sensible people- everyone- stayed in bed!

i looked even more stupid in tesco in me kit!
  • Hi James, I'm in. May I suggest a 09:30 start as opposed to the usual 9am.
  • Thats sounds good to me Phil. Not sure whether the snow may/get be too deep but we can keep an eye on things and make a decision in the morning....
  • Hey Guys, how 'off road' is that route?, I only have a creaky old mountain bike in the garage, no supension or anything like that, not used it for a long while but am hopefull that the tyres can be pumped, maybe I can tag along for a few miles, Declan
  • see u at 9 30 phil hope your ride went well with josh I was one of the ones you parst just be 4 weston hills.Alec
  • Declan, its cross country on bridleways and a bit of forest with tree roots but nothing sinister. With the snow cover it will probably be very smooth so you should be ok.

There is about 3-4 inches on the ground but its very light powder

See you all at 9.30 at the cemetary then!
  • About how long in time will it be? I'm not sure if i have to go up to london yet today but if i do i dont have very long to ride.
  • under normal conditions its about 2.5 hrs so today its likley to take a bit longer....
  • Tks James, I'm afraid the old MTB is in worse shape than I expected - wont make it today - Enjoy the snow ride. Dec
  • Thanks James 4 a good ride flet like 60 m in sted of 30 even with Josh the snow plough and Phil the ice breaker