Welcome to the forum

Sunday 19th Winter Wonderland

edited December 2010 in Club runs
Thank to you all for an epic winter ride today.

Alec and I rode over from Baldock and met up with Phil A and Josh in temperatures so low that my Camelback tube has already frozen solid and not a drop could be drawn off for the whole ride. I dont think even the Swiss engineers at Meile have come up with that sort cooling power yet. Next time a hipflask as suggested will go in my bag. Some brave soul had ridden from Baldock to Ashwell on skinny tyres before us and I take my hat off to whoever tried that. Given the rather wobbly tracks and occaisional swoosh mark i dont think they had much fun.

Back over the fields to Baldock with intermittent individual pile ups caused by front wheels disappearing into large tractor wheel tracks and holes filled with snow. Oh how we laughed! Wallington via the Quickswood route and through to "Therfield" according to Alec the most local out of all of us. Therfield did appear after Redhill to Sandon and a mingle with a large pack or two of deer on the "top" which I think is known aptly as Roe Green.

Once in Therfield I was simply desperate to press on to Royston Heath etc but Josh "had to get home" and was a bit tired so all of us headed back. They say severe cold can affect your perspective but clearly not for me. i could recognise these racing roadies were struggling somewhat and fell in line with chosen route......

One the way back home we enjoyed the white tarmac back to base. Some great power skids from Phil and Josh. A stunning snow ride all round.