Welcome to the forum

Youth Road Racing

edited February 2011 in Youth
The Hillingdon Winter Series will finish today with Cameron, Theo and John all having racing one or more of the sessions.

So what next??

There's no youth racing next week, so have a rest. (I'm sure this means recovery ride!!)

26/2/11 is racing at Redbridge (aka Hogg Hill) Youth E (under 8) starts at 10.00am, Youth C&D (under 10 and under 12) starts at 10.20am amd Youth A&B starts at 11.00am. I understand that the turn out at the last meeting was good and the racing 'lively' but that this was a good introduction for those new to racing.

In the longer term the Eastern Region have just made the following announcement: -

Eastern Region Youth Road Race Series 2011

Youth road riders in the Eastern Region are going to have a new target for the 2011 season. A new Eastern Region Youth Road Series (ERYRS) has been created to help develop local riders.

The ERYRS Series will help to bridge the gap between regional events and the national series bringing together the best riders in the region to test themselves.

The initial list of events is below but the there is a chance of one more event in the Norwich area being added to the calendar.

Sat 2nd April Highams Park HPCC
Sat 23rd April Woodbridge Criteriums VC Revolution
Mon 2nd May Ixworth Crits West Suffolk Wheelers
Sat 11th June Redbridge Cycle Centre LVYCC
Sun 10th July Dunton Test Track Essex Roads CC (TBC)
Sat 13th August Redbridge Cycle Centre East London Velo

A rider’s best 4 results will count towards a series score. Riders do not need to register or enter the series, their results will automatically go towards the series.

Details for all events can be found on the British Cycling website in the calendar section.

Warm up events for novices

Don't forget that you can try out the Highams Park circuit on Friday 25th February and Saturday 19th March when there will be Go-Ride Race events there. Contact me for an entry form.

Even longer term : -

Don't forget the club will be pitting forward various Grass Track events during the summer.

Comments

• thanks for this Richard..I will email this also to all youth section.....

Anyone interested in the racing events planned for this year or being considered is welcome to attend a meeting on 4th March at 8pm ,,The Three Tuns pub...back room...parents and riders alike