Welcome to the forum

Inter Club time trial series

edited February 2011 in Time Trial
For this season we have signed up with the Icknield Road Club, Beds Road Club and Hitchin Nomads to have an Inter club TT series. These are SPOCO type events (sporting courses) and so tend to be on rolling country lane courses rather than dual carriage ways. These are friendly, informal events of between 10 and 30 miles and are suitable for all, youth, vets, fast and slow. there are prizes for individual efforts and an overall club winner. Beds road have won for the last few years and i dont expect CCA will take the honours straight away, but it would be nice to have a CCA presence at these local events a bit like we did at the recent reliability rides. I intend to ride as many as i can.

They are .....
Sunday 10th April 8.00am 10 miles IRC Clophill Village Hall (IRC)
Sunday 29th May 8.00am 30 miles Hitchin Nomads Cardington (Beds Road Clubhouse) (BRC)
Sunday 26th June 8.00am 15 miles Beds Road Cardington (Beds Road Clubhouse) (BRC)
Sunday 10th July 8.00am 25 miles CC Ashwell Guilden Morden
Sunday 9th October 10.30am Hillclimb Hitchin Nomads Streatley (Nomads)

It is possible to just turn up, sign on and ride but you wil be a PTT (private time triallist) and wont be eligable for prizes, but the best thing to do is to go to Beds Road website, www.bedsroad.org , click on the SPOCO online booking form, select your event from the drop down menu and fill in your details. That way the organisers can better plan the event. I think you need to register 2 weeks before hand.

You will notice that these start at 8.00, so perfect for anyone who wants a great event without taking up all of the day.

Our CCA 25 champs will be incorporated within our round of the series, same course as last year on the 10th July.

I hope we can generate some good interest in these highly accessible events.

Comments