Welcome to the forum

CCA Racing Calendar

edited March 2011 in Youth
Dear CCA,
I am delighted to announce the launch of the CCA Youth Racing Calendar. This is an Excel file and can be found on the Youth Page of our main website, http://www.ccashwell.com/youth.html (scroll down and look for the yellow highlighted text) or follow this link >
http://pictureyourselfthere.typepad.com/files/youth_events_2011_v1_march7.xls

The calendar highlights a number of cycling events which we feel CCA Youth riders will be interested in. Importantly it also highlights target events for our club. The list has been compiled after reviewing the results of a recent questionnaire and also with our coaches. The results show that Grass Track racing is the most popular (more so than even barbecues and parties!) There is also significant interest in Track Racing (Velodrome), Road Racing and Time Trials.

Thus we have selected;
- The National Short Course series for Grass Track
- The Southern Area Competitions for Track Racing
- The Easter Region Youth Road Series (ERYRS) for Road Racing
- For Time Trial the CCA promoted and the local ‘IBAH SPOCO’ events

There are two pages to the spreadsheet. The first page (or sheet) gives some notes and guidance (how to enter races etc) and the second page the actual list of events.

One of the great aspects of the racing so far this season is that adult and youth riders have been at the same events and supporting one another; we have all taken strength from this unity. To this end I have included in the calendar when adult races are taking place at the same occasion and so encourage racers of any age to consider these events.

Starting to race can be intimidating but I assure you it is great fun and usually very rewarding. Whilst the calendar will give you the bare bones information you need I would like to remind, and encourage, you to attend a session being run THIS FRIDAY, March 11th in Ashwell (more details to follow). This session will go into more details about what is involved with cycle racing. So drag your parents along if you want to race (or drag your kids along if they want to race)!

Daniel Doncaster
(CCA Youth Race Events Coordinator)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    You can also use this link HERE
  • An updated version of the Racing Calendar is on the website (Youth Section). You can also follow the link HERE
    ERYRS July 23 date added/confirmed for Dunton Test Track.

LVYCC series added (Hog Hill)
  • I have updated the Racing Calendat which now includes the details for the ERYRS event on May 22 in Norwich.
    Also the National Circuit Race Championships on July 24. Currently CCA is represented by Jon, Theo and Cameron at this event. Any Youth C want to step up to the mark? (Come on girls!)

The link is here

Daniel
  • Hello everyone!

I have updated the Youth Calendar to include some Cyclocross events. Mainly the Eastern Cross League races. These are very well organised and muddy great fun to ride for Youth and Adult riders a like.

You can find the updated calendar here CALENDAR

Daniel