Welcome to the forum

Last Friday Meeting at Ashwell School

edited March 2011 in Youth
My appologies for the lack of mine Bianca and Jessica Valentine's presents on Friday evening.

So whats the news as I was hoping there might be some sort of comments on here ? is there any feedback from anyone ? as would like to hear.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    sorry you couldn't make it Fraser.I know Bianca was keen as she wants to race........Richard presented a very thorough breakdown of what is involved from entry, to type of events, the age categories, different venues and their characteristics, bike gearing for age, bike set-up, costs, and the race calendar which Daniel has produced on our website was explained.
    Bottom line however was stressed that the parents MUST be there for the riders as support. Not just to get them there, but to help at start and support at finish whatever the result.

I will see you all at rollers on Thursday...if you can all be there at the start around 7pm then we can have a good chat about everything, or at least the key points.....
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Fraser, These would be the main points I think you need;
    - Best youth race training is to race!
    - Parents need to be prepared to support their children with transport and signing on before the race.
    - The maximum gear ratio is restricted to reduce the chance of putting too much pressure on the knee joints.
    - For those who have completed the Doodle Poll we can advise which age category your child is in and also the gear limitation.
    - A picture is emerging that limiting the gear ratio is seen as a problem for many. Richard, I and others in the club can assist here or your local bike shop.
    - A good way to start is to get a group together. You will make lots of mistakes at the first race, but you will also learn a great deal.
    - Race calendar here <*> Read the notes, as they contain information which you need to know, which I haven't noted here.
    Daniel
  • Hi Geoff and the rest of the gang I need to talk to you all about the fourth comming BBQ as discussed at the last meeting I attended at the Three Tunns.
    The Thursday 12th of May was earmarked, is this still happening ? as I will need to talk to the treasurer to aquire some funds and start making plans. please contact me asap as I need and Idea on numbers ect.

Thanks Fraser
  • still planning this Fraser........I had hoped for those parents , helpers and coaches available to have a session this Thursday evening to discuss the start of Go-Ride and be prepared for our start on 5th May.

In truth, until this first meeting on 5th we won't know numbers.....we have over 30 already signed onto the spreadsheed/doodle that Daniel initiated, so we know that we will have 30-40 members and their parents at the very least......

This was intended as I remember to be a simple burger and bun plus sausages...onions ketchup and juice.....Adults can bring booze, so keeping it simple as a welcome to all for the start of the season.

Drop round anyway say 7.30'ish and we can chat about the BBQ and other stuff..........let's make it the 3 tuns as usual.....

P.S....not heard a peep from Bianca or Jessica....we are doing Welwyn track this Saturday....can give Bianca a lift as am taking others down..
  • Sorry Geoff do you mean this evening ?
  • Sorry I get you........ tomorrow evening 7.30 Tunns yes ?
  • edited April 2011
    Geoff, I'm confused, when do Thursday grass track evenings start?
    This Thursday (28th) or next (5th)?
  • for those confused dot com's............as per every mail and forum thread and the cca website youth section..all updated......WE START GO-RIDE on 5th MAY...5.30

For those wanting to help and the coaches we meet at 7pm this Thursday 28th on our new grass track ( for those available) at 7pm so you can see the course and progress....we then go to pub for 7.30 to get our heads round organisation and getting properly prepared for next Thursday 5th when we start.

I have blogged this and e mailed to all I thought had shown an interest.

look forward to seeing those with time and interest tomorrow and then for the kick-off or pedal off on 5th next week

All Clear?? :-)