Welcome to the forum

MK bowl- 19th March

edited March 2011 in Road Racing
Anybody racing this weekend?

Comments

• Cameron, me, Pete and my dad are
  • Yes.

Youthless riders include; myself and Pete Green. Mark are you coming? Greg and his thighs? Scouse Chris?

Youth riders include; Theo and Cameron. Jon is away this weekend. I am hoping a couple of others will come also.

See you there.

Daniel
  • is it sat?
  • Yes. Here is the link <*>
  • Senecio- ta

I need to know where your name is from- your alter ego?!

Mark- lets do it man.

will see if sleepy 'Greg the Baker Ginster Pastie Man' can get his sorry *ss out of bed for it!!

he missed ride today- he didnt know there are two 9 0' clocks in one day. bloody students!

Shame he is fast!

mwhahaha
  • Yep I'll be there - as Chris handily pointed out, assuming I get out of bed on time. Should be lots of Ashwell blue there then!

I hear that Cornish pasties used to be the food of choice for the Pro's actually Chris - that is until an as yet unidentified 2010 Tour de France winner unwittingly ate one contaminated with Clenbuterol. What bad luck eh.
  • poor albert's was a steak! some sick bulls around you know

is that your magic potion then Greg!??! god knows what would show up in a ginsters pastie!!

nowt performance enhancing for sure!!

mwahahaha
  • Joshua will be doing the 2/3 race at 12.30 & Daniel will be there for the youth race.
    Which means , of course, that Richard will be there too ,from 11.30 or so shouting support (& instructions) .
  • chris
    senecio is my dad (daniel)
    senecio is a type of plant my dad calls himself this because he's a MAN
  • Senecio vulgaris..tenacious...Senecio vulgaris...poisonous contains pyrrolizidine alkaloids which produce hepatic necrosis.The target organs are the liver, kidneys, and lungs.
    Senecio squalidus..Ragwort...even more toxic......kills painfully...a criminal offense to have it growing on your land.

Highly inimical sort of man Theo :-)
  • Take care Theo.
  • Bloody carnage in the Cat 4 today!!

Hope you other boys and supergirl did better!
  • A long day at Milton Keynes.
    The sunrise ride was a youthless 4th cat jobbie. The field was BIG (50 or so) so I decided on a strategy of staying at the front and hopefully out of trouble. The pace was okay and I managed to keep my position; on the occasions I slipped back I was aware of that sickening sound of touching wheels. The pace did pick up and keeping my position was getting harder and harder. I then realised that the rather small number being casually held by someone near the finish line was the laps to go and it was the numeral 2. Time for some committment. I was lining myself up to get into position on the penultimate approach to the line when someone crashed into the side of me. Fortunately it only pushed me off the track and I was not floored; but too much space was between me and the peloton now. During my now relaxed final lap I came across a crash behind the stage. It was obvious I should stop and help. One guy was quite bad. His face bruised and concussed. Speaking to his team mates after I understand he was still concussed after arriving at hospital.
    So the result sheet will record ‘dnf’ for me and also Greg who was having an off day. Mark and Scouse Chris did okay I think.
    Next up was the 2/3 race. This rates as the best (spectator) sporting event of the year. Welwyn had amassed a team and a plan. The aim to have men lead hard off the front a spread a little pain throughout the race. It was impressive stuff and the proud blue shirt wearers seemed to be taking the pain well. I guess it was all too much for Young Dave as he retired at about half distance. The green machine mercilessly exacted its plan and Lil’Phil of Ashwell, as he put it ‘clung on’. What I saw was the determined grip of a fist of iron. Our hero was not to be dislodged from this field and indeed he weathered the furious pace to not only be in the mix at the finish, but finish strongly.
    Phil; ‘pain is temporary, but glory is forever’. A thrilling race and inspiration riding from Phil. (Green shirt wearing Josh Maynard rode brilliantly by the way).
    Oliver was the next featured ride in the under 12s. A great ride from him, his 4th race I think. He goes from strength to strength.
    No blue shirts in the U14, but our close associate Rebecca Maynard rode a good race and got herself a 3rd place.
    The sunset race was the Youth A, U16. CCA fielded a team of 3; Cameron, Theo and Mitchell. Mitch was riding his first race. Other riders of note included Kristian Woolf and Alan Trove which suggested the pace would be fast. It was. The peloton streaked round the circuit like a comet leaving a trial of riders behind the glowing head. Mitch found himself in the tail, but did the right thing to hook up with other riders. The comet pace was hard and Cameron eventually fell victim to it. He battled hard to regain them, but with no one around it was mission impossible. Theo seemed to be managing okay. Come the sprint the big names did indeed pull away. I think Theo finished 10th and Mitch 16th. Cameron in between.
    So a hard fast race. Mitch should be very pleased with his performance. The high pace of the group can only be understood by experiencing it; which is normally painful. He rode well and sought shelter and help in the right way.
    So CCA showed a good range of riders, as did Welwyn of course. It was noticeable how many riders (of all ages) were there from Solihull and also the Oxford cafe centric club Zappi.
    Of the three circuits I have raced I much prefer Hog Hill and Hillingdon. I think Theo would agree with me.
    I hope the concussed guy from iCycle is okay.
    Daniel
  • Mark and co, sorry to hear about the "carnage" in the 4ths, unfortunately accidents are a part of racing, fortunately you don't get too many, so I really hope it doesn't put you guys off.

Daniel, Terrfic write up, though it still hurts even now (so much for temporary!). Once again thanks to everyone for the shouts of encouragement and support, and for the record that one really did properly hurt - those Welwyn lads are a bit good. That race also marks the end of the circuit racing for me as my season now moves to the road, so good luck to all you racers out there - have a great and safe season. C'MON ASHWELL.......