Welcome to the forum

Introductory rides - 2nd April

edited March 2011 in Club runs
Hi,
This Saturday is the monthly introductory ride. The introductory ride is aimed at the beginner or returning cyclist who wants to ride in a relaxed and friendly group in order to get into the sport.
The ride route I have planned is about 15 miles long with no big hills and the pace will be relaxed think 12-14 mph. There won't be anyone left behind.

The idea is to get people riding in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and hopefully make friends with like-minded cyclists. I would say this is definitely a social ride not a training ride.

If you are reading this and have previously thought that you would like to start riding with others but don't really know where to start, then this is for you. Equally, if you have cycled before but have been out of the saddle for a long time and need a gentle break in back to cycling then this is for you. If you are a seasoned club rider but can think of someone who might benefit from a ride like this, then please pass this on.

Any questions hit me up.

Cheers

Comments

• Weather is looking dandy, 9:30 37 Silver Street.
    See you Saturday!
  • Hope you get a good turn-out Greg
  • Cheers Chris!

Planned route is Ashwell - Guilden Morden - Shingay - Abbington Piggots - Steeple Morden - Ashwell
  • is there an introduction ride this saturday?if so what time does it leave?
  • Jez,

Greg has disappeared into the world of work at mo

Maybe a 9.30 one could be posted?

Am happy to help out

Chris
  • The introductory ride is 9.30 from Geoffs on Silver Street, ie the same time and place as the saturday rides. Looks like it might be a bit wet though (remember that? when water falls out of the sky, weird)
  • I know of two at least wanting this ...Gary, a new rider and Helene Ross.there were at least 6 new riders last ride so this is an important ride to continue......Steady...up to 13-14mph....distance no more than 25......suggest 12 mile loop with short or long add-on .........I would normally step in but am at Welwyn with riders getting their accreditation and novice track.....hope ride goes well...Thanks Chris.
  • helen might have difficulty with motivation if its raining! otherwise we plan to be there
  • Will there be another intro ride soon.. would like to give it a go...
  • supposed to be the first Saturday of each month Stewart...so yes