Welcome to the forum

CLUB 10; Instructions and request for help

edited March 2011 in Time Trial
Hi All,

The club 10 is almost upon us again.

They will begin Wednesday 4th May and run every wednesday until 31st Aug. First rider off at 7.00 PM, signing on from 6.30.
Location is on the concrete pad on Northfields road, by the finish. Cost is £2. Any questions please ask.

As it was very popular last year we can run up to 30 riders this year. However, any number over about 22 requires 2 timekeepers as there isnt time for the starter to get to the finish if you are running it on your own. So if you want a guaranteed ride get there early in case there are not 2 timekeepers on any given week.

And so to the usual request for help. I have set up a doodle just as in previous years. Just click on the link, enter your name and select the dates you can help on. Its always better to have 2 helpers and as ive said above we can only run 22 riders if there is only 1 timekeeper.
All help is much appreciated.

Its going to be a fast year this year and the 10 is cornerstone of the clubs racing calendar, so come and ride or help, its going to be fun!

Comments

• Three weeks to go til the first Club TT. Still looking for volunteers on timekeeping - so, if you can, please look at your diaries and put your name down here.

thanks
  • Hi tim
    I would like to help out everyother week on the tt but I didn't want to fill the doodle poll incase you want me to do certain weeks. I will give you a list of dates I wont be able to do it.
  • edited April 2011
    Just three Wednesday timekeeping slots to fill for this season now!

Weds July 13th
    Weds August 17th
    Weds August 24th

Can you help? Click here.
  • just one now
    would have done more but exams will interfear
  • Great.

The Doodle can now be found on the Time Trial page on the Club's website;

http://www.ccashwell.com/time-trials.html
  • hope one of those exams isn't English Theo :-)...well done tho' for taking those slots
  • Thanks to everyone for their offers of help. We have almost all weeks covered. Remember though that we need at least 2 helpers in order to be able to run over 22 riders.......and its going to be big this season!!
  • Folks,
    I am now unable to run the 10 on 1st June (half term week). Is there anyone who could step in ? If you can please fill in the doodle above.

Also a few more helpers generally would be good, especially on the weeks with only 1 timekeeper as we are clearly going to have over 20 riders most weeks. (unless our new improved road surface puts people off. There must be a Paris-Roubaix fan in the North Herts road repair dept)

Cheers
    Tim.
  • Tim, as we discussed, I can do 1st June and have filled in doodle
    but can no longer do weds 8th june so that is up for grabs if anyone can help out...?
  • Thanks Stef, i can do 8th. Have filled in the doodle.
  • Tim, Have you got the kit for tonight? I can come & pick it up if you're around. Just let me know.

Lindsey
  • Lindsey,
    Ill come down and give you a hand. See you down there

Tim.
  • Great - see you there
  • i'll be there tomorrow night to timekeep etc.
    but need another timekeeper if possible, otherwise we'll be restricted to 21 and people may miss out.
    forecast looks promising so could be a good turnout... so if anyone can help cover the finish while i'm pushing off would be much appreciated
    thanks
  • Hi

I'm timekeeping the Club 10 tomorrow.

Whoever has all the bits - can you let me know. I can either pick up this eve, or if it could be dropped off at the concrete area - I plan to get there 6.15pm. Or a time during the day at my house.

ta!
  • Martin,
    Ill collect the stuff from Lindsey tommorrow and see you down there at 6.15ish

Cheers
    Tim.
  • Congrats Carmelo- great ride!

I was on the course and it was awesome seeing so much Blue looking the biz.

Well done Team Ashwell- we have equipped ourselves brilliantly this season in all areas of cycling and age and gender- heads up to all of us who have been CCA ambassadors from Guilden, across Britain, Europe, S Africa, U.S.A, to Infinity....and beyond!!

James, that was indeed Scouse Radio Shack Chris Horner out there, feeling shabby after a heavy weekend- but impressing my mate from Jersey with the team spirit he could see- but sadly lacks in his club

INNITTTTT!!
  • Folks,

We have 3 10's left. I can run this weeks but am away for the last 2. Next week Theo is down on his own. Is there anyone who could help Theo out? And Lindsey will probably need a pusher offer the following week.
    Regarding the TT kit i will put it all in the container after this weeks 10. If anyone needs help getting in, I'm sure Geoff can unlock it for you.

Thanks.
  • O know, that's no good mate, fancy arranging your holiday and missing the last 2...... ;-) Hope we can get a good one tmoz then ;-) when do you put all the times on a fancy spreadsheet, will it be once the season has finished ? See ya tmoz

Regards,

Nigel.
  • atchully i have made a small mistake im away next week on holiday but i can help the week after
  • OK folks, I'm now away until next thursday. At the moment there is no one down to run next weeks 10. If anyone who knows the score could step in that would be great.
    If not, next weeks 10 will have to be cancelled. Keep your eye on the forum.

I will drop the kit at Geoffs workshop in the morning.

Sorry
  • Hi

I can do the timekeeping the coming week (24th), but need to know were the kit is. Away for the next two days but back Tuesday afternoon, available via e-mail though... "paxels@googlemail.com"

Have never done this before so any help much appreciated.. ;-)

Still nice weather out there so would be a shame if we have to cancel next weeks event.

Regards/

Pontus
  • Pontus

Your a star, hopefully you can get a bit of help so the TT gets the green light, Like you say, the weather is good too, well, it is at the mo........
  • Hi

Could anyone let me know where "Geoffs workshop" is please, so I can pick up the TT kit.

Weather forecast for tomorrow looks ok, southwesterly wind and dry conditions..

If I get hold of the kit, I'll post it here asap.

Cheers/

Pontus
  • Pontus...kit now safely stored in container on our NEW TRACK...directions on the web..see sticky and other stuff Martin has posted...it includes a map to the site.....when do you want to collect...I'll be there to get it out
  • Excellent...

Is 7pm tonight alright?
  • see you then Pontus....7pm off Smallgains Lane
  • Hope you know what your doing Pontus!! Hope to ride tomorow so see you then, regards Neil.
  • A handy procedure tip list for anyone running the Club 10 is downloadable here.

It's all very straightforward. My tip is to make sure you sync at least 2 stopwatches. Last year I did it - one stopwatch malfunctioned, another got accidentally stopped - but luckily I ran a back up on a mobile phone app. Seat of the pants!