Welcome to the forum

InterClub 10 10 April

DPCDPC
edited March 2011 in Time Trial
Hi All,

Just thought it was worth putting up a note for this event as the original post is a few pages back now.

Not sure what the club plans are for these interclub events but I thought it would be worth putting up a rallying cry to make people aware so we can get as many riding as possible.

I've just registered on the Beds Road site so hope I'm not too late to be counted towards the points tally (forgot about the 2 weeks in advance bit.)

Who else is up for having a go? Who hasn't signed up yet?

Darren

Comments

• I'm in

trying to find a map of the route though, anyone???
  • I might be in. Was hoping to ride the Hainault RC road race (on the same day) but I am a bit late for the entry. If I cant do that, I'll do the TT instead.
    Lee
  • I've registered but can no longer make that Sunday. Sorry.

Registration takes only a minute and it's not too late.

Good luck CCA and I'll see you next round

http://www.bedsroad.org/bookings/book_spoco_2011.php
  • I'm in. any luck with finding course map.I looked on IRC website but couldn't find it!
  • I've got a feeling it's effectively 2 circuits of the A507 between the Clophill and Maulden RABs. If this is the case it's a nice wide stretch of flat road with a good surface and depending on wind should produce reasonable times.
    Years ago, the interclub 10 used to use the A6 starting close to the top of the dual carriageway at Barton Le Clay north to the Clophill RAB and back with a little wiggle towards Barton before finishing towards the bottom of the Barton dual carriageway. If they still use this course, apart from the dual carriageway, the road surface is bloody awful (chip and seal) and at one point is so bad that you either have to move out towards the centre of the road or into the lay-by to prevent your wheels and spine disintegrating.

Darren
  • Just pulled this from the IRC website.

"Please note that the first of the season's inter-club events - the 10 mile TT - kicks off this Sunday on the A507 course. First rider off at 8.01 am. HQ is at Clophill Village Hall"

see you Sunday
    Lee
  • edited April 2011
    its either:

2010 10 ml course 6S/10.

Start on the A507 about 1/3 mile east of Maulden RAB, at centre of field entrance, about 70 yds west of layby on opposite carriageway. (GR 362048) . Proceed A507 eastwards to
    Turn (2.34mls) at Clophill RAB retrace A507 westbound to
    Turn (5.23 mls) at Maulden RAB retrace A507 eastbound to
    Turn (7.78 mls) at Clophill RAB retrace A507 westbound to
    Finish at western end of layby, about 1/3 mile east of Maulden RAB, 15 yds east of (before)
    the 1st straight kerb at west end of layby and 85 yds east of the Start.

Start 1.27 mls east of Ampthill RAB and Finish 1.30 mls east of Ampthill RAB

OR

10 MILE 6U/10 A507 Clophill RAB to Maulden RAB and back

START A507 about 370 yds west of Clophill Rab, 8yds east of (before) LP 509 ( which is 5th Lampost west of Clophill Rab. Proceed westwards to
    Turn (2.3 mls) at Maulden Rab, retrace A507 eastbound to
    Turn (5.1mls) at Clophill Rab, retrace A507 westbound to
    Turn (7.7 mls) at Maulden Rab retrace A507 eastbound to
    FINISH. Just beyond layby that is almost opposite Garden Centre/Nursery, 8yds beyond (east of) centre of field entrance which is 25yds beyond (east of) sign for ‘West End Fisheries’
  • emailed the organiser:

Promoted for, and on behalf of, Cycling Time Trials
    Under their Rules and Regulations

ICKNIELD ROAD CLUB-COMPOMOTIVE WHEELS
    PRESENT THE

INTERCLUB 10 MILE TIME TRIAL APRIL 7TH 2011

HELD OVER THE 6/U10 COURSE ALONG THE A507

PARTICIPATING CLUBS AS FOLLOWS

ICKNIELD RC, BEDFORDSHIRE RC, HITCHIN NOMADS CC AND CC ASHWELL

TIME KEEPERS Event Secretary
    Start Peter Tasker Peter Jones
    Finish Gordon Hart 118 Bedford Road
    Barton BEDFORD

Headquarters are at Clophill Village Hall in
    Kiln Lane MK45 4DA, open 8am

The course is the 6/U10 :details as follows

Start on the A507 Maulden bypass 370 yards west of the A6 Roundabout heading WEST

Proceed (2.3 miles) to the next RAB (junction with the Flitwick & Maulden roads between those two villages) and turn back along the 507 heading EAST.

When you get to the A6 RAB turn back along the 507 heading WEST (you will pass the start in 370yds).

Another turn back EAST when you get to the Flitwick/Maulden RAB and you will come to the finish (2.3miles). This is almost opposite to both a garden centre and to the start

You will have turned twice at the Flitwick/ Maulden RAB and once at the A6 RAB.the distance between the two RABs is 2.8 miles. There WILL be a map at HQ.

Time from HQ to start and finish is 5 minutes. Tea and cake will be at HQ

Entry fee is £3.00
  • Well done Tim.

Weather looking ok for Sunday.

Don't know about everyone else but I'll be riding out to Clophill from Stotfold about 7:15ish depending on start time.

Darren
  • Cheers Tim,
    I'm going to drive over from Royston, so will aim to get to HQ at 7.30ish.
    see you sunday
    Lee
  • edited April 2011
    a bit more info:

Promoted for, and on behalf of, Cycling Time Trials
    Under their Rules and Regulations

ICKNIELD ROAD CLUB-COMPOMOTIVE WHEELS
    PRESENT THE

INTERCLUB 10 MILE TIME TRIAL APRIL 7TH 2011

HELD OVER THE 6/U10 COURSE ALONG THE A507

PARTICIPATING CLUBS AS FOLLOWS

ICKNIELD RC, BEDFORDSHIRE RC, HITCHIN NOMADS CC AND CC ASHWELL

TIME KEEPERS Event Secretary
    Start Alan Davies Peter Jones
    Finish Gordon Hart 118 Bedford Road
    Barton BEDFORD

Headquarters are at Clophill Village Hall in
    Kiln Lane MK45 4DA, open 8am

The course is the 6/U10 :details as follows

Start on the A507 Maulden bypass 370 yards west of the A6 Roundabout heading WEST

Proceed (2.3 miles) to the next RAB (junction with the Flitwick & Maulden roads between those two villages) and turn back along the 507 heading EAST.

When you get to the A6 RAB turn back along the 507 heading WEST (you will pass the start in 370yds).

Another turn back EAST when you get to the Flitwick/Maulden RAB and you will come to the finish (2.3miles). This is almost opposite to both a garden centre and to the start

You will have turned twice at the Flitwick/ Maulden RAB and once at the A6 RAB.the distance between the two RABs is 2.8 miles. There WILL be a map at HQ.

Time from HQ to start and finish is 5 minutes. Tea and cake will be at HQ

Entry fee is £3.00

NOTE;: ALL RIDERS UNDER 18
    MUST HAVE A SIGNED PARENTAL CONSENT FORM

INTERCLUB 10 MILE TIME TRIAL 2011 No Names Club Start
    No Name Club Start 30 JASON MOORE BEDS ROAD CC 9.00
    1 MAURICE BURTON ICKNIELD RC 8.31 31 DAVID ROBINSON CC ASHWELL 9.01
    2 TERRY SYKES BEDS ROAD CC 8.32 32 NEIL R FRASER HITCHIN NOMADS 9.02
    3 DARREN CARTER CC ASHWELL 8.33 33 SIMON THOMSON ICKNIELD RC 9.03
    4 DAVE SUMMERILL HITCHIN NOMADS 8.34 34 GRAHAM LAMING BEDS ROAD CC 9.04
    5 PETER JONES ICKNIELD RC 8.35 35 NICK SENECHAL HITCHIN NOMADS 9.05
    6 EIMEAR MULLEN BEDS ROAD CC 8.36 36 DAVE FORD ICKNIELD RC 9.06
    7 MARTIN LAWLESS CC ASHWELL 8.37 37 MARK ANSTEE BEDS ROAD CC 9.07
    8 JON TRAYNOR HITCHIN NOMADS 8.38 38 ANDY STEVENSON HITCHIN NOMADS 9.08
    9 TONY BAINES ICKNIELD RC 8.39 39 SARAH ASHBY ICKNIELD RC 9.09
    10 BOB WRIGHT BEDS ROAD CC 8.40 40 PETER GELL BEDS ROAD CC 9.10
    11 LEE HOLMES CC ASHWELL 8.41 41 BEN WILSON HITCHIN NOMADS 9.11
    12 CLIVE COLLINS HITCHIN NOMADS 8.42 42 MARTIN BROOKS ICKNIELD RC 9.12
    13 COLIN HOLMES ICKNIELD RC 8.43 43 CHRISTOPHER PARKES BEDS ROAD CC 9.13
    14 ROWLAND WALLBANK BEDS ROAD CC 8.44 44 STEVE ROBINSON HITCHIN NOMADS 9.14
    15 JASON STUART CC ASHWELL 8.45 45 RICHARD NOON ICKNIELD RC 9.15
    16 STEVE SMITH HITCHIN NOMADS 8.46 46 KEVAN ARMSTRONG BEDS ROAD CC 9.16
    17 ALAN KEMP ICKNIELD RC 8.47 47 NEIL J FRASER HITCHIN NOMADS 9.17
    18 CAMERON WOOLSEY BEDS ROAD CC 8.48 48 TIM DAVIES ICKNIELD RC 9.18
    19 PONTUS AXELSON CC ASHWELL 8.49 49 PAUL GIBB BEDS ROAD CC 9.19
    20 ROY ROBINSON HITCHIN NOMADS 8.50 50 ANDY SAUNDERS HITCHIN NOMADS 9.20
    21 ROB BLACKMORE ICKNIELD RC 8.51 51 MARK COOK BEDS ROAD CC 9.21
    22 CHRIS STUART-LEACH BEDS ROAD CC 8.52 52 PETER KNIGHT BEDS ROAD CC 9.22
    23 PONTUS AXELSON CC ASHWELL 8.53 53 ROB MILLER BEDS ROAD CC 9.23
    24 DAN PAGE HITCHIN NOMADS 8.54 54 PHIL HOLLAND BEDS ROAD CC 9.24
    25 EMMA JANE BURLEY ICKNIELD RC 8.55 14 RIDERS FROM ICKNIELD RC
    26 DEBBIE KNOTT BEDS ROAD CC 8.56 18 RIDERS FROM BEDFORDSHIRE RCC
    27 TIM SKELDING CC ASHWELL 8.57 7 RIDERS FROMM CC ASHWELL
    28 NIGEL WILSON HITCHIN NOMADS 8.58 14 RIDERS FRON HITCHIN NOMADS CC
    29 MARTIN NEVILLE ICKNIELD RC 8.59 1 PRIVATE TT
  • Have a great ride chaps .......
  • The Ashwell boyz did well I think!

from memory (which as most of you know is pretty cr@p!)

Dave Robinson top with a short 23
    Jason with a long 23
    Pontus with a long 24
    Mois with a very short 25 ( 25 dead!! grrr)
    Lee 25 11
    daren & Cameron with 26 i think

perfect conditions, well organised, and just a tad diassappointed at not taking advantage of the conditions for a better time!!

we need to have a chat about organising ours as well... there were almost 60 riders out... have we got enough numbers ;-)

two guys did 21's!!!!!

Skelders -must try harder!
  • All,

Well done this morning. Was a bit disappointed with my time to begin with but looking at some of the other times I can compare with it wasn't all that bad. Faster times means the wind from the other direction. I might have a go on that course again later on in the season when the evenings have drawn out a bit.

And Yes, we do need to get ourselves organised. Almost 60 riders and only 7 of us. I recognise some of the other club's riders and they are not fast boys by any stretch of the imagination. We need to get some of the club run guys to turn out, definitely nothing to feel intimidated about, and a good way to make new acquaintances.

The next event is end of May I think so we ought to get a Sticky up on the forum a month in advance.

Darren
  • Great stuff boys!

make it 8 pm and I am in

mwahaha!
  • quite right Darren, however i also meant the actual organisation of the event. There were about 6 marshalls on route 4 time keepers, tea lady ...mmmmm lovely cakes :-) and two at signing on!!!
  • Tim,

Yes you're right. We'll probably need 4 course marshalls, at least a couple of timekeepers,, I think 1 at signing on would be enough (we weren't a disorderly rabble this morning) and of course a couple of people to do the teas and cakes, plus we'll need to persuade someone to make some cakes (bread pudding was lovely, but not as good as my Mum's.)

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be at the AGM but that would be a good time to discuss and get some volunteers.

Darren
  • well done to all who entered today,

couldnt make it as only got back from skiing this pm,
    but the next 2 are in the diary,
    Sunday 29th May 30 mile
    Sunday 26th Jun 15 mile

both local around Cardington I think

one after that is the Ashwell one, but day before the Etape so I cant make it, good for all you returning Marmotter's though.... a week after the event you'll be well up for it.

agree with Skelders, Darren et al, lets support these events and get CCA up there with the other clubs.
  • The full results aren't available yet, but from memory our CCA times were pretty good, esp Dave & Jason, in the over all standings. We should have amassed a decent amount of points. Huge congrats to Cameron, who posted 26.36 (I think), he was the youngest in the field by a number of years. We need a few/lot more riders for the next round(s). Beds road had 20, Hitchin had 14 I think, we had 7. Surely we can do a bit better than that, double figures perhaps!

Near perfect conditions, if a little bit chilly first thing. The road surface was very good (cant remeber seeing any potholes) and not too much traffic. For me the course was a bit boring, up and down the same road X4 but not being an experienced time trialler (that was my second go) I dont know if that was the norm. Signing on was straight forward, there was a bit of pre event confusion as to who was/wasn't on the start sheet, but all seemed to be OK in the end.

well organised event, plenty of marshalls, time keepers, nice tea lady with cake, etc. huge village hall and car park, which was good considering there would have been 70 odd people milling about. all in all a good event, with a friendly group of people, oh and some very , very nice looking (read expensive) TT bikes. I'll have to save me pennies for one of them!!

Looking forward to the next one on the 29th May. get it in the diary.

Lee