Welcome to the forum

Sunday 10th Club run pace.9.30 start.

edited April 2011 in Club runs
I have had a request for a further 9.30 start from a regular rider who says he has a "business meeting" in London on the saturday evening, also wants a flat 50 miles at a steady 16mph pace (could be this be related to the "business meeting"?). General feeling that this will be the last 9.30 start now the clocks have gone forward, so meet at the Tuns 9.30 Sunday. Will ask the question if we need to be quiet on the ride as well, as perhaps the forementioned riders brain may have been overtaxed at his "business meeting" the previous night.

Comments

• Im in for this ride. Cheers
  • Do we know a rough route? Just trying to work out if I can cut off early and save driving in the good weather.

Cheers
  • Loop out as far as Duxford and back
  • the "business meeting" was excellent thanks
    the route was good fun
    bike had a refusal at the cattle grip turn
    perferred going up hill
    added 3 miles on , towed by david swain , who thought we could catch up
    ( it did hurt a bit )
    first back to the village
    so that counts !

james

PS 100 mile next week for those up for it
    ( I will be a fair weather participant )
  • was a great route..totally agreeJames.....I carried on to Longstowe and left to Gamlingay and through Potton to add the two bridges ride.finished with 80 miles on the clock at just under 18mph av..........glad you caught the ride...I worked out that with luck you would be cutting off the Croydon section and it is fast down the main road to the Wimpole roundabout...well done.
  • geoff
    thats a fast club pace geoff you should have came with the 9.00am group same sort of mileage and 18.9 ave.
    coffee & cake provided by vince there was plenty for all,and what a great route by robbie.
    strappy.
  • agree Strappy...getting there now I've got shot of the virus...fingers crossed.....hoping to come out with you guys for a longer slightly faster ride....I will still be struggling to keep pace with the fit ones, but the weather is here and the cycling is a joy.
    Was at Welwyn with some of the youngsters on Saturday and some not so young ones...James Davis and Adam Challis were there getting their spurs.
    100 miler next Sunday for me...Hatfield Forest route..hope the weather will be kind to us and not like last years torrent.