Welcome to the forum

What a YEAR

edited December 2008 in General
Bob summed up nearly everything at the Christmas Dinner....we had a great time and missed many of our regulars but welcoming newcomers to the event.
This is a special event for the club and always good humoured and an opportunity for non-cycling partners to share their woes with other likeminded friends. Seriously I doubt they mind all that much and we do keep off the worst nerdy talk so it stays very sociable.
Thoughts for next year..comments welcome......How about making it an Annual Dinner and AWARDS earlier..SAY October sometime....we wouldn't then be in competition with school and company do's and could really have a large function.

What about the Sports Awards this year..CHRIS HOY on top...The GB team winning team of the year and Dave Brailsford winning coach award........Fantastic for them and all involved in cycling.

2009 promises to be a monumental year for our club.

Well done everyone who has helped to run the club and helped at events especially all who stepped into the breach this year to take the load.

Above all.thank you to all the cyclists who have made the runs such fun and often challenging. Keep coming and if I don't see you all before....a Very Merry Christmas........

Anyone for a Boxing Day Run??????

Comments

• Boxing day run sounds like a good idea. Count me in. Put the word out Geoff!
  • If you are doing a ride on boxing day I'd like to join if thats ok?
  • all welcome Dave

Due to popular request
    ( and a Sunday morning committee vote x 5 )
    All club runs will now start at 09.30 for the winter months
    this is with immediate effect including the festive runs

We will revert back to 09.00 in the spring
    Next sunday is the last one from Geoff's / coffee Andy's
    ( sorry I will not be there )
    Then start Ashwell Garage and Coffee in the pub in January
    ( bring some money )

Don't forget the extra festive runs below to work off those calories !

Fri 26th Boxing Day 09.30am 27 High St ( James )
    Sun 28th Normal 09.00am Geoff's
    Wed 31st New Year's Eve 09.30 Bob's
    Fri 2nd Jan Extra 09.30 27 High St ( James )
    Sun 4th Jan Normal 09.00 Ashwell Garage / coffee in pub ( ongoing )

All will have club runs
    maybe one other group ( Festive Faster ) depending on numbers

Remember to bring money to buy coffee from 4th jan onwards