Welcome to the forum

CCA Primavera RR 22nd May

edited April 2011 in Road Racing
Folks, it's that time again. Our Road Race is to held on the Old Warden/Cardington circuit again this year. The date is Sunday 22nd May. The HQ is Old Warden Village hall & the start time is 9am.

To make this event go as smoothly as previous years Carmello & I need people to volunteer their services for a few of hours for a varity of jobs. Catering, Drivers, marshalling duties & prime + finish line judging.
No previous experience required, so don't feel shy!

Carmello may have already spoken to some of you about this, & you may have offered your services already, if so great.
If you are able to help out can you please add a reply to this posting or email me via the email address on the web site or let Carmello know, we can then co-ordinate responses.

If you are a CCA member & hoping to ride the event you need to put your entry in very soon & ensure you have encouraged your co-riders to volunteer. No marshalls, means no race!

Any Q's let me or Carmello know

Cheers
Trahern

PS Martin, can you make this a sticky please

Any questions let me know

Comments

• Hi Trahern,

Fiona and I can help, although we may have to ride out from Letchworth as I'm not sure if 'er indoors needs the car that morning. Fiona is completing the Cycling Award for Young Volunteers being run by British Cycling, so it'll be useful experience.

Julian and Fiona Pegg
  • Happy to assume my normal position outside the Hare & Hounds!
  • George and I happy to do the teas again
    let us know the nos involved

Tea boy
    james
  • Many thanks to all that have come forward so far...WE ARE SHORT OF 8 MARSHALLS so help still needed!

Could you check that I haven't put someone down who is unavailable..

Andy Bartlett Driver
    John Ridett Driver
    Tim Duckett Driver or Chief Judge
    Mark Constable Driver
    Geoff Godschalk Driver
    Dave Swain Medical
    Tracey Luggeri Licences
    Karen Bartlett Licences
    James Boyle Refreshments
    Georgie Boyle Refreshments

Bob Swain Chief Marshall and Assistant Judge
    Dave Kane Marshall and assistant Judge
    Mike Christie Marshall
    Stefan Dixon Marshall
    James Davis Marshall
    Julian Pegg Marshall
    Fiona Pegg Marshall

field is full and this year we have 9 Ashwell riders!!
  • Sorry to reply so late. I'm happy to help out but I'll have the boys with me so marshalling might be a challenge. Anything else I can help with / would someone swap?
  • I entered the race, but haven't heard if I got in yet. If I'm not riding, then I'll be happy to help out

Lee
  • Thanks for that Lyndsey.......All Ashwell riders that entered are in including you Lee,,,
  • Is the start sheet published anywhere?
    Just wondering whether Junior Maynard & the other Welwyn Juniors made the cut.
  • Yes all Welwyn riders are in...
  • STILL NEED 7 MARSHALS PLEASE...WITHOUT THEM WE CAN"T HOLD THE RACE!!!
  • Carmelo,

Count me in. I did say last Wednesday that I'd help.

A spot in the sun would be good.

Darren
  • Hi Trahern

I did speak with Carmelo last night to volunteer my services at the event. Pre-event, can you point me in the way of a start sheet so that I know what denomination notes to get for prize money? I assume around £650 total should cover all outgoings?
  • Myself and Mrs R (Lynn) would like to help if you still need marshals.
    Geoff118
  • trahern/carmello
    tim d said you still need some help with our race so as i am not quick enough to ride i will be around to do my bit, just let me know when & where you need me i will have to ride over but i only live down the road so i could be over early if needed.
    cheers
    strappy.
  • edited May 2011
    You can now download this year's Primavera race programme here;

http://tiny.cc/primavera2011

Or go to the link on the Club's racing web page;

http://www.ccashwell.com/racing.html

Good luck everyone!
  • Hi all,

I would like to quickly point out that (contrary to what is printed on the programme) I don't know a Nikki Wyer and that Stevie and I are still married - or at least last time I asked her we were. Stevie will be one of the Assistant Judges and Carmello will have to get Nikki to do a different job!

I just thought I should clear that up.

Mark.
  • Oh NO!!..I am SO SORRY!!! The result of being too hasty with copy and pasting and not checking what went where..I am an idiot!!
  • Carmello,

No problem! That's a quick change as well. If only HMRC would correct their mistakes as quickly - perhaps you could sort them out for me?

Mark.
  • Additional text from Carmelo;

---

There are a few changes to personnel....please check that I have things right....so far we have..

Mark Wyer Chief Judge
    Stevie Wyer Assistant Judge

Andy Bartlett Driver
    John Ridett Driver
    Tim Duckett Driver
    Stef Dixon Driver
    Geoff Godschalk Driver
    Dave Swain Medical

Tracey Luggeri Licences
    Karen Bartlett Licences
    James Boyle Refreshments

Mike Christie Marshall
    Darren DPC? Marshall
    James Davis Marshall
    Julian Pegg Marshall
    Fiona Pegg Marshall
    Martin Lawless Marshall
    Geoff Lynn Marshall
    Mrs R Lynn Marshall
    Strappy Marshall
    Chris Smith Marshall
    Lyndsey Foulkes Marshall (if necessary)

A COUPLE MORE MARSHALLS PLEASE!

When we have sufficient marshals I will send positions on the course in advance.

Carmelo
  • carmelo

am i not a driver?

ps 29 deg C on col d'aspin today!!
  • Chris..I wasn't sure if Mark was going to be available to judge but now that he is I can revert to Tim Duckett as driver....still need you badly though!...hope you are having a good time despite the heat
  • Carmelo
    Geoff Russell and Lynn (Mrs R) Russell
    Geoff 118
  • There are a few changes to personnel....please check that I have things right....so far we have..

Mark Wyer Chief Judge
    Stevie Wyer Assistant Judge

Andy Bartlett Driver
    John Ridett Driver
    Tim Duckett Driver
    Stef Dixon Driver
    Geoff Godschalk Driver
    Dave Swain Medical

Tracey Luggeri Licences
    Karen Bartlett Licences
    James Boyle Refreshments

Mike Christie Marshall
    Darren DPC? Marshall
    James Davis Marshall
    Julian Pegg Marshall
    Fiona Pegg Marshall
    Martin Lawless Marshall
    Geoff Russell Marshall
    Lynn Russell Marshall
    Strappy Marshall
    Chris Smith Marshall
    Lyndsey Foulkes Marshall (if necessary)

A COUPLE MORE MARSHALLS PLEASE!

When we have sufficient marshals I will send positions on the course in advance.

Carmelo
  • Hi Carmello

Any chance I can swap jobs with a non-marshall? I'd be happy to help with refreshments / drive.

Lindsey
  • I wasn't going to put you on your own but don't worry I am sure I can think of something else
  • Thanks Carmello - I'm not worried about being on my own, just worried that they boys will run out in front of someone. As long as there was a big enough bit of grass, I'm sure we'd cope!
  • edited May 2011
    Chris
  • Carmelo,

Presume you know about the Anglia Water repairs in Northill. Traffic lights and single alternate lane traffic - been there a while now, and it didn't look as if any progress had been made between 8-15 May, as I rode by it both weekends.

Julian
  • good stuff
    what time do you want us all there ?