Welcome to the forum

Reliability Trials

edited December 2008 in General
Beds Roads have two reliability trials on 8/22 of feb, one 50 miles and one 70 miles. The second of the two often has some of the PCA pros riding and gets a bit gnarly in the last half hour...(ask Keith!). Details on their website if you fancy a change....www.bedsroad.org

Comments

• I remember it well, i rode over to Bedford at 8am sharp frost that night and every thing was white. The pace they set off at was a bit quick and it settled down for about 40 miles, the last 20 miles the pace picked up and Andre and his talll mate by the name of Ben Instone rode off into the distance, i was knackered , i ate three ton of cake back at the cardington club house then had a 14 mile ride home. I managed 90 miles that day, Andre nearly had to carry me home the last few miles.
    It's a good ride a bit lumpy towards the end but i will be having some of it, i get back off holiday the week before.

I am out boxing day morning if any one else is about, i know Ash will be chomping at the bit, and i see Robbie and Geoff are up for a ride. what about you Andre, you will need to get rid of all that wine you are going to drink over christmas.
  • I've done a lot of miles since you last saw me! I'll be out most days as I'm doing 250 a week now...The trick with the 70 miler is to sit in until the hill before Great Barford which is usually where it breaks up. Once thats over it settles down again, but theres always guys who are pinging and raring to go. It was harder last year because Ben was there and the PCA guys didn't know how strong he was!! I've signed for PCA Ciclos Uno again so it looks like I'm deffo racing in 2009 :)
  • It's nice to see you are back in the saddle, 250 miles in a week, i am doing about 25 miles a week and all on the turbo at the moment. I was not sitting in i was hanging on , and i was not smiling that was a grimace. see you on boxing day for a nice easy ride, please
  • Think I over did it this week, my legs were hurting today! had to do a bit on my own at the end to make the mileage respectable...Got p!ssed last night which didn't help!
  • How far did you go today, how many in the group, are you out boxing day for an EASY ride, note the word EASY
  • we didn't go very far, six or 7 off us went on a tour of herts finest farm tracks led by max into a stiff wind. The group only did about 37 miles which I stretched to 70 with a loop out to abbotsley....I doubt i'll be out boxing day, might sneek out for an hour maybe..