Welcome to the forum

Hillingdon GP- 15th May 2011

edited May 2011 in Road Racing
Anyone heading down this Sunday. Promises to be a good day of races for youth and seniors alike.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/38652/Hillingdon-GP-incorporating-NATIONAL-WOMENS-ROAD--CIRCUIT-RACE-SERIES

Comments

• edited May 2011
    41.9km @ 41.6kph

A bit of a disappointing day today, a hard race but felt good for the duration and hoped for a top 10 in the 3/4 race. Numerous breaks went and came back, courtesy of Welwyn who were working for one of their young riders. Fair play to them as they pretty much controlled things much to some peoples dismay!
    With 5 laps to go I moved up to the front and felt relatively good sitting at about 7 back. With about 500m to go someone cut across my front wheel sending me onto the grass verge and leaving me totally blocked from getting back on. I cruised the last half lap a bit narked off as I felt their may have been my first BC points lurking on the line. One of the Welwyn riders took second and a guy on a nice bike won (sorry for the detailed results!)
    But on the plus side, feeling much better even at the slightly higher speeds and looking forward to next weekends Primavera and riding with the Ashwell outfit.

We had 3 youth riders today who all featured in their own battles. Theo and Cameron ended up sprinting it out after a lone break got away. I believe Theo won. Apologies for not knowing the name of the younger Ashwell rider, someone please correct me! He finished second in his battle with one of the hillingdon slipstreamers, however another metre or two longer and he would of come around him for sure.

I left midway through the actual Hillingdon GP, at the time Raleigh were bossing the race! I will have to check the results.

In the end though, good workout, good showing by the youth and no damage to myself or the bike. Thats racing I guess!
  • Well done Dave...good report...it's a pig when you get cut off like that...better luck next time...looking forward to seeing our riders in he Primavera next week GO CCA...well done Cameron and Theo..they had been riding the welwyn omnium series the day before so a hard weekend's racing...who was 3rd...Mitchell Ryan??
    Update please lads.
  • The third Ashwell rider was oliver Woolsey.. Picked up his first BC points.. His training by Mark Wyer and his team from Saturday certainly paid off...
    Raleigh managed to get three riders in the breakaway of six.. but still did not win !
  • Well done Oliver.....Mark will be delighted

Come on the rest of CCA youth..let's get down there and start racing as a club
  • Richard,

Could you send the photos of Me and Oliver to my Dad?

Thankyou
    Cameron