Welcome to the forum

Results Club 10 - 11th May

edited May 2011 in Time Trial
A calm night with some fast times, despite miles of loose gravel on the newly resurfaced Northfields Road.

Results as follows:

Josh Maynard (Welwyn Wheelers) 23.16 (flying!)
D. Robinson (CCA) 24.35
Julian Pegg (CCA) 24.43
Tim Skelding (CCA) 24.57 (PB - well done!)
Mark Constable (CCA) 25.06 (another PB?)
Mark Horton (CCA) 25.14
C. Woolsey (CCA) 26.00
Theo Doncaster (CCA) 26.35
Stef Dixon (CCA) 27.02
Rob Davies (Team Trisports) 28.44
J. Chapman (CCA) 29.17
G. Russell (CCA) 29.24
A. Goulter (CCA) 30.08
David Jones (CCA) 31.01
R. Bumstead (CCA) 32.04
Fiona Pegg (CCA) 32.24
A. Fraser (CCC) 34.04

Some very fast times by the younger crowd - well done to everyone.

Thanks to John M, Tim (for help during the 'kid with his fingers trapped in the car door' emergency) & Richard M (for help during the 'car grounded on the grass triangle' emergency).

Lindsey

Comments

• We've been waiting years for Northfields to be resurfaced, and they cover it knee deep in gravel.... Well almost ;-)

Thanks again to Lindsey, John, Tim & Richard.... Hope your little man's fingers are ok Lindsey!!

Very pleased tonight and buzzing :-)
  • Sam, could you run some of your heavy duty equipment over it before the next TT?? that should sort it out :-)

in the long run it will be much faster I'm sure....
  • Something needs to be run over it ;-)
  • that last section was bl++dy scary, hitting it at full speed and seeing your front wheel sink into, as Mark says, a sandpit!
  • Oh yes, the sandpit section was definately the highlight of the road 'repair'. Mind you, the corner by the little bridge wasn't much better either.......

Might take a bucket and spade with me next time !!

DavidJ
  • I will see what can be arranged, only trouble I may exchange the gravel for dirt, or even better mud if I could get it to rain!

By the way, how is the sugar beet dirt smelling on the concrete pad at the finish, bet no one is hanging around much after their ride. I am going to have to stir it up soon to keep it all rotting down, then you won’t be able to get anyone to do the finish time;-)
  • edited May 2011
    Here's a short video taken near the finish: http://youtu.be/-SgB1rvBokE?hd=1

Apologies for the poor quality (just a phone camera), but hopefully you can recognise people from their bikes & kit.

Mark

(City Cycle Centre)
  • Very good mate