it will be 45 -50 miles assuming reasonable weather at 17 mph
starts at the 3 tunns , back for 12.30 ish

all the other sunday rides will be at 09.00 as usual
come along if you like the sound of above
go at 09.00 if you do not

happy cycling :-)
james

Comments

• sorry to hear that James as most people were happy that there was now an agreed meeting time for the club at 9am
    We carried on last Sunday when you and Andy turned off and although we had a mix of fast, medium and club run everyone rode happily together completing 54 miles at 17.3mph.
    It was I confess a wing and a prayer ride coupling together several rides as noone was expecting to lead the ride. However as it turned out was probably on of the best routes we have come across.
    All were of the opinion that ALL rides starting at the same time on Sunday gave everyone a chance to natter before the off and decide which run they preferred.
    I would hope that the club as a whole would stay with this as I fear this will once again confuse others especially new members.
    We are however a broad church and if some prefer a later start then so be it.We do for example start our 100 mile rides at 8.30.
    Just call it the James Run and people will all know then.
    happy cycling indeed :-)
    Geoff
  • See you at 9.30 then.

Andy
  • Like the sound of this start time.
    Just a bit concerned that there may be a direct correlation to age/fitness levels and the ability to recover from the night before.
    So if that is the case , see you at 9.30 !!

Pete
  • The 09.30 " special ride " went well
    headed out into the north east wind

the "3am work do finish " took its toll by Hinxworth
    and we where down to 6
    ( yes this is the night before recovery ride )
    good group with the sound of the birds and the wind in the trees ringing out

the youngest member ( mid 40's - he claims ) still did his wheel sucking
    but a case of having to I think, seemed to be out of breath for one so young.

Primavera next Sunday
    So will ride on Sat at 09.30 , 3 tunns
    but will still be special
    funny hand shake to be taught if we like you :-)

James
  • Fully agree James, v. good special ride, good route, good average, good company, much laughter ( at expense of youngest rider) - looking forward to the next " James's special "

Andy
  • A special ride indeed, very agreeable company, good banter to accompany the birdsong from the hedges. In short a very nice morning.
    The second half of the ride might be remembered for the " rasping, rattling " breathing sounds coming from the youngster at the back but this faded and then dissapeared to leave the " old guard " to complete the ride in a most orderly and disciplined fashion.
    Looking forward to the next " Special "