Welcome to the forum

Chainus Maximus 24 May 2011 7.30pm

edited May 2011 in Chain gangs
I hope to catch the chain tonight.

Just want to say I'm likely going for a 3rd lap this eve - but very likely at a more warm-down pace if I keep up with the pack of wild dogs for the other two. I need all the miles I can find. Sunset this eve is 8.58pm - happy daze! So jump on board the 3rd lap twilight charabang if you fancy it.

Laters!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    You know the third lap will be the fastest tho -
    especially with MC on the war path after his latex inners let him down.
  • Hoping to join you guys tonight, feeling better!
    I am not 100% sure of the route, please correct me if I am wrong

Warm up to steeple morden, TR to Littlington continue to Bassingbourn, TL up to Shingay, TL to guilden but TL to Steeple before you reach guilden.
    Continue to steeple and TL to start next lap.

See you all soon
  • edited May 2011
    You got it Dave. And the lap route is now on the website's Club Run page;

http://www.ccashwell.com/club-runs.html

10 out on a glorious evening. An unsurprising split on the hill at the end of Lap 1 at 23.7mph.

Leaving me, James D, Stef in a second group to TTT it for 21.6mph lap 2 and 20.7mph warm down lap 3. Coasting back to Ashwell as the sun eventually dipped out. Poifect.

Speaking to MC back at Ashwell, they did 3 laps too. Lap 2 - tasty. Lap 3 - very tasty. By all accounts. Sounds like MC got his race energy out of his system.

null
  • Beautiful ride again. Sorry to Martin and Stef for nearly causing a spill when cramp set in and thanks for waiting for me to move again on lap 2.
  • agree great ride, 1 lap of thru and off madness, then 2 of ttt with james and martin, and all in the daylight.

just an observation, but last year when we went up from 2 to 3 laps, remember there was an effort to keep the first lap slightly steadier to keep everyone together, then push it a bit on the 2nd and go chicken oriental on the third.
    eg from training diary: 8th jun 2010. lap 1 23.1 / lap 2 24.2 / lap 3 24.0 mph. so nothing major just a bit steadier on lap 1

appreciate theres some very fast people out this year, and everyones perception of "steady" is different, but taking it just a tad easier on lap 1 might keep everyone together and lead to faster laps 2 and 3. alternatively i could just accept i'm too slow and stop torturing myself!
  • hahahaha....Mark going easy.....can anyone play.....kidding guys, doubt I'd last a lap with you these days