Welcome to the forum

chain gang tonight

edited May 2011 in Chain gangs
Hi, I assume the chain gang is on tonight. If I get home from work in time, I'll try and join in around Littlington, which I expect you'll hit at about 7.45? is that right

cheers
Lee

Comments

• 13 out. Me, MC, Lee, Vince, Dave, Pete G, James D, Dec, John C, Carmelo, Stef, Phil K, Phil A.

Lap 1: 24.4mph
    Lap 2: 23.7mph
    I popped on the hill and soloed for a wobbly third lap. 3 other riders ahead steaming on too.

I wonder if, to Stef's note from last week, we could try two groups when we've got good numbers? A Go-Race/Cat4 group - and a Cat2/3/4 group? Something to think on for next time...

null
  • Ouch that hurt. Smashed up before the hill and I thought I was going well. Aero bars came in handy for the second lap on my own. I thought they would be useful but not that soon! Sade was on a mission tonight.
    Love the picture Marty. Where can me get one of those?
  • Not sure where James - but a night beforehand on the IPA will produce nearasdammit results...
  • thanks for easing to let me jump on at the end of lap 1 having arrived late.
    tactically missing the "steady" first lap of 24.4 mph looks like it was the right thing to do!
  • Good blast out last night guys, thanks. Bit of confusion at end of lap 2 as some went on and others stopped. i found my self in no mans land and had to chase back on to the 3 that were still going (Carmello, Phil and Vince I think), caught up with them at the memorial, went through Littlington and then got promptly dropped again on the road into Bassingbourn! Was going to coast home, then 2 kids on mopeds goaded me into a race and so I notched up another couple of hundred metres at 30mph, much to the amazement of the "slightly chubby" kid on one of the mopeds, ha ha ha.

hope I have got some gas left for the TT tonight?
    Lee
  • was carmello, phil and me on lap 3. was heading that way home anyway so jumped on the back and rather enjoyed it so did another lap. carmello on the front most of the time. no idea what speed it was but it felt fast. glad i'm timekeeping and not riding tonight!

for what its worth i thought lap 2, with the exception of the little glitch up the first hill, was very smooth and about as good as its been this year. maybe because i didnt have lap 1 in my legs though.