Welcome to the forum

Saturday 10th January ride

edited January 2009 in Club runs
As it looks like its going to be a chilly one again tomorrow we will stick to last week's plan of going on roads that should be gritted and ice free.

My suggested route is http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/ashwell/713690247223. Don't have to go back through Hatley as indicated on the map as there are a few routes we can choose when we get to Potton. All should be about 25 miles though.

Wrap up warm!

DavidJ

Comments

• 6 of us out -both David Jones, John D, Chris, Tom & me . I was late (sorry folks - and only just managed to join the group as they set off the wrong way!).
    Hard work for all of us as it was so cold. David (fair weather ) Jones said he had 6 layers on. Lost all feeling in our hands & feet.
    25 miles @ 13.5mph
    Coffee and generous cake allowance as we all needed to warm up.

Alison
  • You are sooooo right, I am no good with the cold! Cant wait for the weather to change though it'll probably change to mostly rain! :)

'other dave
  • Alison forgot to mention that we did set off with 6 but this was almost reduced to 5 when John D was attacked by an ex-MOD Alsatian near Sutton! Luckily, John showed a turn of speed unseen to us before now and managed to escape unharmed.

DavidJ
  • "One man and his dog join the new sunday fast ride"!!!
  • On second thoughts, if the dog is not up to race pace perhaps they ought to join the middle group???!!!......it could also have another 1/2 hour in bed!!!!
  • thanks for wishing the dog on us Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • actually he cant make it after all.... wrong start time!!!!!
  • I must admit it is the first time I have come back from a Saturday ride with post traumatic stress!!

Where are we off to this week? If anyone suggests the road between Sutton and Eyeworth I will stay in bed.

See you all Saturday,

John.