Welcome to the forum

Sat 18th, 08:00 leaving Baldock - therfield hills, repeat of last week

edited June 2011 in Club runs
am hoping to do this tomorrow if any one is interested. just sorting child care out !!!

08:15 at the Tunns

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I'm going to hit the Therfield hills early on - will go past the 3T's @ 6:01am if y'all fancy it? Or will see you on the hills later. I want to try and make it 100 miles / 8,000ft tomorrow.

I'm also gonna have myself a feedstation at the Little Chef along the way - to simulate fine French cuisine.

L8rs!

Martin
  • crikey your'e keen as mustard. I will try and join you @ 06:01 hours but the forecast is not super duper so may lack enthusiasm when the alarm goes. Would it make sense or be possible to do two rides of 60-80 on consecutive days. Its a question for the Q&A section of the comic or more learned members apart from Phil A or Robbie who are always up for 100....
  • Are you all mental?
  • says the man who is doing La Marmotte in two weeks!
  • i might join you for the Little Chef stage.......
  • there seems a touch of the over-focused here methinks....agree with Tim...hahahaha
  • holy $hit that IS keen.

so what's your plan, 6 or 7 Therfield loops & 2 or three Weston??

still sorting child care out
  • Would love to but sadly have to work......... :-(
  • Hard lines Cayo. Maybe get out with the Sunday posse with luck.

Bill. 2 extra M loops before 8. Then the same ride as last week. Should make it 95.
  • I should caveat. Am out til late tonight! But will show self control!
  • Im doing the Stevenage Circular on Sunday Martin, weather permitting........If weather is iffy im off to Broxbourne Woods for a bit of MTB'ing
  • I thought that I might do a 200 mile loop leaving at 3.49am

You can never start too early enough you know :-)
  • Unfortunately the child care options have fallen through so I'll be on the turbo :-(
  • I.am going for an 8.30 start from the 3 guns
  • I took a couple of pics today. I wondered if it were possible to make the Little Chef feel a bit Rapha.

null

James D saw my bike parked outside and we hooked up for the next 50 or so miles together. Steady-as-u-like - Marmotte stylee. James then retired with backache - but thought it was worth a second feedstation coffee at Taste of Baldock, plotting Fantasy TdF teams. Hope your back's smoothed out James.

null

This is sure to fuel the GTD [Great Tyre Debate]: on 99.8 miles, I picked up a puncture. GP4000-S. Only 4-500 miles on it? 1cm gash. Exposed inner tube. Kaput.

I have put it down to the puncture giving conditions - lightly wet sticky roads at times - rather than tyre issues. For now...

Hobbled back, 103 miles for my last proper pre-Marm ride @ 14.7mph av then. Given Gold timing for under-40s on the day is 12.7mph av - or 13.5mph if you assume 45 mins off-bike - it's tempting to think the bet is on. But I was missing 8,000ft and I'm likely to take more than 45 mins off the bike. So, I'll happily settle for a measly Silver time!
  • The rouler, little chef edition? Heston would be proud.
  • Nice!

Back much better thanks i think its down to lack of stretching then lots of seated climbing which caused the aches.

Great ride and great coffees - again.

I am going to write to OK Diner and see if we can get one close by. They are a cut above Little Chef!