Welcome to the forum

The Etape du Tour 2011, Mon 11 July - please sponsor

edited June 2011 in Sportives
Hi,

I think some of you know that I rode the etape last year (before I was a member of CCA!) and managed to raise a bit of money for the MS Society. The team I rode with, managed to raise over £80 000.

This year I’ve been asked to ride as part of the BT (British Telecom) Challenge Team to raise money for 2 charities, Cancer Research UK and ChildLine.

As I'm sure you are aware, this year the Etape is taking place on the 11th July in the Alps and finishes atop the iconic L’Alpe d’Huez, with its 21 hairpin bends taking you to the summit at 1850m. In between the start in Modane Valfrejus, the 109km route also takes in (and goes over!) the 1566m Col du Telegraphe and the monstrous Col du Galibier at 2556m.

May I call upon your generosity and ask that you dig as deep as you can to help me raise a stack of money for these two very worthwhile charities. I've set up two just giving pages, to make it easy.

Feel free to chose your charity to support or chose both if you’re feeling particularly generous.

Cancer Research UK: Cancer Research UK is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. We are fighting cancer on all fronts, finding new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat it to save more lives. We are entirely funded by the public. With your help, we can ensure more people beat cancer.

Click here to support CRUK: http://www.justgiving.com/etape-du-tour-2011

ChildLine: ChildLine is the UK's free and confidential, 24 hour helpline for children in distress or danger. Trained volunteer counsellors comfort, advise, support and protect children and young people who may feel they have nowhere else to turn. Children call ChildLine about a wide range of problems, but the most common problems are abuse (both sexual and physical), bullying, serious family tensions, worries about friends' welfare and teenage pregnancy. Children and young people can call ChildLine about anything – no problem is too big or too small. ChildLine is a service provided by the NSPCC

Click here to support ChildLine: http://www.justgiving.com/etape-du-tour-2011-childline

Thanks very much for your support.

Lee

ps: I did get permission from the forum manager to post this message (Thanks Martin)