Welcome to the forum

Woburn 09:00 middle grp ride

edited June 2011 in Club runs
A massive thank you to the guys for helping me today(especially James Davis for coming out to get me!!)

Bl@@dy Brompton not up to the task of brick hill!!!

Big apologies for holding you all up.... :-(

Comments

• Well I finally joined the ranks of a "real" cyclist with two large road rashes down the side of the left leg; amazing Endura shorts survived without a scratch! Kevin and I limped home at a steady 20mph, great tale wind and opted for the A507 as it was most direct route - smooth tarmac all the way and not too busy.
  • Hope your okay, pretty hard riding today- legs are feeling it from yesterday, thanks for the ride!

Cam
  • More of a wobble than a limp for me with that buckled wheel and barely working front brake. No real damage, just scuffs on elbow, knee and heel with a nicely developing hip bruise but nothing that won't soon heal. Anyway 64 miles achieved, shame I didn't get to the hill, c u next week Trisports debuckling dependent.
  • An incident packed ride. Billy, hope you get that brompton sorted, sure its no more than a couple of washers. Hope the crash victims recover ok.

And well done to Cam. With all that leaping about, sprinting for signs, sprinting up every hill etc i was sure hed struggle at the end,......he didnt..... and i think dropped us all with the possible exception of Stef. Good stuff.
  • How many points for the TINGRITH sign ;)
  • top ride guy's.
    hope all the downed riders and the left behind got home ok.
    quite a pace being set at the front for a long time had work hard to keep on.

pete looks like nil points again,i should get some points just for hangin in with you lot.
    any way see you all next week for more fun in sun.
    strappy.
  • the stats according to my cateye were 67.56 miles at 19.1 avg (ashwell to ashwell) - thanks to Phil Adams for route finding and to Iain for all that work on the front!! the run home from barton was "full throttle" - great ride.