Welcome to the forum

national, TT and grass track

CamCam
edited June 2011 in Youth
edit This weekend promised to give me alot of racing and to learn alot of new things.

On saturday we set of for Lichfield where one of the national series road races was being held, this race was going to be fast and furious from the start but this allowed me to gain alot of experience. The race was going to be an hour long which meant the race was going to be flat out. The first 2 laps where very very fast, and after aroung the 4th lap I dropped off, which for a first year A was not too bad, we worked as a three and then the main group caught us and we got back in. I stayed in the group for the next 40 minutes or so but was dying of thirst as my Dad was not allowed too hand water too me, therefore learning the lesson of taking more water than I think I'm going to need. On sunday it was an early start for the Interclub 15 mile TT, lucky this time I had been round the route so I knew the way. I had a decent warm-up then set off at around 8.36am, I caught my minute man on the first hill which I was pleased with I then had to just turn my small gear as fast and as hard as possible. I finished with a 39.10 which was average and around 19th out of the 60 participants. In the afternoon we set off for Brentwood grass track, by this time I was knackered but wanted a little extra cash. I came third in the omnium and won a fiver. However I had done all this with a chest infection as the doctor told me today, not good!