Welcome to the forum

Sunday 9am Club run

edited July 2011 in Club runs
Weather looks good, hopefully a few out tomorrow.

If anyone coming on the run has a set of new look keo cleats they'd like to sell to me before the run, could they bring them along? (or alternatively I can just replace them once they've arrived in the post)

Cheers,

Dave.

Comments

• Yes Dave.....should be a good few out....CLUB RUN proper for those not wanting to do 17+ with Andy and co. will do 35-40 miles at pace of slowest as normal..Think Tim is doing this ride.....

I fancy doing 60 miles at 17+.....I have a route which is up through Barrington/Madingley/Oakington/Boxworth/Bourne and back to Ashwell....there are a couple of opt out places for those wishing to do 40-50.....also a stage where those wanting to do more can add 20+.....see you all at 9am for a good one....
  • Best laid plans of mice and men...hahahaahaaaa..........great ride with 13 others..unfortunately mostly faster boys , so ultimately doomed to go fast....nice to see Justin out for his first ride in about a year......in short I got a kicking in the nicest possible way....my stats at 45 miles was an average of 19.3mph......Justin had the good sense to drop out before Bourne and I managed to hang on till the Longstow dogleg over the main road....could see them upping the tempo and with Phil..Jez.Mark c...Dave..Tim H...Pete...in the van driving it was time to drop off and get back alive...still averaged 18.3 for 60 miles so happy enough with that...Jon one of our Youth riders hung in there with them but spun out on his limited gears on the fast descents he said.....all in all a good ride if a little faster than I had planned...good company and a good atmosphere
  • Club run proper??????
  • Yep...read properly Andy...Tim's was that...they enjoyed a 35 mile steady ride at the pace of the slowest......don't worry about us mate...you carry on with the good work at 9.30 or whatever
    I'll probably do next weeks Steady Club Run and give Tim a chance to stretch his legs with the others.

You have to remember that not everyone considers 50 miles at 17+ a club run//////////some riders want a ride they can start in again and know they are going to feel comfortable.
    My ride was intended to be faster...just turned out a little faster than planned.....everyone knew the score and no-one was whingeing...if I can't stay with it then that's my bad luck
  • Suitably chastised Geoff, however perhaps you may like to consider the 9.30 ride when your other commitments allow. Yesterday's ride was 54 @ 18.5, ( just the same sort of pace as you came home with ), along with good company all taking a turn on the front - very civilised & back before 12.30.
    Martin, could you add the 9.30 ride to the website list of Sunday rides as we regularly get 10 plus riders, in addition to others who have tried but missed the 9.00 and use the 9.30 as a fall back.
    9.30 @ Tunns, 50 miles approx @ 17+, all taking 2 mile turns on the front, pace to suit slowest, no-one left in the middle of nowhere.
  • Hi Andy. I'll sort the website this weekend hopefully. As discussed at the three tuns. Cheers.