Welcome to the forum

Club Run review - Sunday 25th January 2009

6 out at 9am for a 'Group A' run in foul conditions [for the first half anyway].

Wisely, headed east, Fowlmere way, to see it out. Crossed the A505 and headed up to Barley - right into the wind and rain. Things eased once through Barkway, Hare Street, Buntingford, Dane End. Lots of flooded roads - take care! Vincent peeled off around Benington - against the clock and still with a virus.

Chose to go deeper and get more miles in as the conditions picked up. So, onwards, Watton, Datchworth, Welwyn, Codicote, Langley, Wymondley, Baldock and back via Bygrave. Carmelo and the boys picked the pace up and disappeared from me and Daniel around Knebworth - and that's fine for me! I clocked 64 miles at 16.7mph - I'd say they probably added 2-3mph more.

Missed Skelder's kit shop at The Bushel - bah! I can say though that the new CCA Yellow foul weather jackets performed excellently. Cheers Tim for sorting out.

How did everyone else get on?

Comments

• Well done to you guys for making it today! it really was awful but a good ride with some hard work from everyone..the last bit was race pace and must admit ..feeling my age this afternoon...sorry about the end there Martin and Daniel but you are doing really well...Martin I still can't believe you are only riding once a week!....3 times a week and you'd be dangerous!
    Will be ski-ing in Italy this week end so probably see you on return....
  • Hi Martin

Only 6 in our group also...richard..jamesB..Tony..Andrew ..Josh..self........we headed same way via steeple and lime works up to505 and up long hill through therfield/barley and the bumps to barkway.....stopped at church ahd a brief discussion..tony threw away his green banana and sulked..........turned round and cycled back mostly with the wind ..rain eased off...funniest ride yet as James never stopped whingeing about wind/hills etc. hahaha.all back for tea and coffee nice and wet.new award for chairman nyeahh.