Welcome to the forum

THE TOUR OF WESSEX 2012

edited August 2011 in Sportives
http://www.pendragon-sports.com/pendragonEvent.aspx?id=24

ENTERED.

The Tour of Wessex became the first multi stage sportive in UK and it remains one of the biggest cycling challenges that you will ever take part in. 320 miles (527 km) in 3 days is real test even for the very strongest riders. And for those of you that want something a little less taxing, you can ride a single stage choosing from distances of 23 miles, 73 miles, 105 miles, 117 miles and 106 miles.

Comments

• Interesting that the event is run on Thursday June 2nd 2012. This date does not exist! Riding a route on a date that doesn't exist must surely mean you can travel at an infinite speed?
    Mine's a pint of 'event horizon'.
    Daniel
  • Perfect timing for LEJOG.
  • That is hilly. I'll have a chat with a guy at work who did it last year to see if there are any 25% climbs!
    I've entered but not sorted out accommodation yet. Think Stef was up for this too.
  • I'm a maybe, just sorting dates out
  • Senecio, dates are Saturday 2nd June - Monday 4th June 2012

Really would like to do this one

£95 entry plus accommodation and expenses might be a bit steep- we'll see
  • was indeed up for tour of wessex , but that was before lejog idea came along
    definately one or the other for me, lejog or wessex, not both.

although i agree looks great training for lejog...
  • This would make a terrific substitute for not making it to the Marmotte in 2012 - I'm in......I think. A few more GD's then decide.
  • NOTE FROM A MATE AT WORK WHO DID IT LAST YEAR....

Hi Robbie.

There are some pretty big hills on the tour. Cheddar gorge will be a bit of a challenge and there is also one of the hills on the first day that is going to be almost impossible on a fixie. But hey, that kind of talk will probably make you want to do it more!
    It will be hard work Robbie, but great training.

Regards
    Neil
  • Cheddar Gorge is no problem, not even on a fixed. There are some challenging hills in the area of course!

Daniel
  • Apparently... it's gonna be sunny.