Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell Club 10 - your help appreciated

edited January 2009 in Time Trial
Hi All,
As you are probably aware the club 10s didnt happen last year which was a great shame. The "club 10" is a very important part of a thriving club and provides an ideal non intimidating entry into racing. The club 10 was the first race for many successful racers, is a great bit of midweek training and we have a lovely trophy for it!
Because i began racing with the 10 and think its important ,im hoping to get it off the ground again for this season. The paperwork is in hand so all we need are some volunteers. Its a big ask to expect the same person to roll out every week come rain or shine so im proposing that we share the work.
What is required each week, and ill probably get Andy Bartlett to give us a bit of training on this, is someone to put out a couple of signs, organise the signing on sheet, give out race numbers, timekeep, push off the riders and maybe a marshal if we have anyone spare. Aside from mashalling, it is possible for 1 person to do all this but is much easier with 2.
Im not able to do this every week but can do some. The race starts at 7 pm, so the organiser needs to be there from 6.30 and its probably all over by 8.
To try and coordinate this ive set up a thingy on doodle. Basically all you need do is click on this link http://www.doodle.com/ecpaiiebkw8trt9d (or possibly paste it into your browser), put in your name and click on a date you can do. You will see the dates that i have commited to.
Ideally we will get 2 for each date. Any help would be very gratefully recieved even if its only 1 week. The only thing to bear in mind is that people will turn up to race, so if you commit you really do need to turn up.
Lets see if we can fill up all the dates and get this thing going!
Many thanks in anticipation of your help,
Tim D.

Comments

• Tim, I'll help....see doodle for the dates offered. John
  • Tim,

I agree the time trial should be continued. I will help out but with two young kids will not be able to do every week. Also wish to ride but perhaps could help out on one a month for example.
    So put me on the list but let's all get round a table with diaries soon to firm up when we can all make it. Early June will be difficult for example.
    I hope you get more support so that it becomes sustainable. Perhaps it can be discussed at next Tuesday's pub meeting. Not sure if I can make it to the pub as I am currently double booked.
    I think David Swane was telling me he has a MTB mate who organises events and was happy to loan some fancy kit that makes the time keeping simple (electronic). Worth finding out more as the timekeeping bit is presumably the most complicated bit.

Regards,

Vincent
  • 5 participants,

Tim Duckett
    Andrew Hartley
    Tim Skelding
    John Meadows
    Angus Wilson

Well done all...................5 weeks still needing a volunteer....come on club chip in and help Tim and the lads. Looks like some weeks could also do with another volunteer..It's a great ask for one person like Andy (who did for 3 years) to take it on each week. Tim is right..this is a great way to compete and so easy(well looking that is). It's right on our doorstep..so convenient and a good sporting 10.
  • the turn at wrestlingworth is very dodgy, it's a busy road and vision isn't great. Ideally you need a marshall in a high viz jacket there....
  • I agree Andre...always have and when I was able I went there and marshalled........It is the most dangerous place.
  • Tim, have added my name to help for 1 week. would do more but the wife runs Brownies on Weds nights so I have to do kid's bedtimes etc

Also forgive me if stupid questions but am fairly new to the club and totally new to racing - who can enter the club 10's - are there any restrictions/ minimum standards, do you need a licence? Thanks

Stefan
  • Anyone in a CTT affiliated club can enter... which you are as an Ashwell member. No minimum standard or licence needed, ( no licence at all needed for TTing) it's just for fun.
  • Is everything set for the first ride in May Tim?? I have stop watch..numbers.and time charts from Andy's days here...do you want to collect or shall I drop them round??
  • edited April 2009
  • Tim,

A great start to the new CCA TT season. Thanks for organising the first one. I think I'm going to spend the rest of the summer following Daniel or Rebecca, they're both very enthused.

Richard
  • Ditto, thanks Tim, really enjoyed it (apart from the wind at Eyeworth, that really hurt!!), looking forward to next week & praying to the TT weather God for a dry & wind free night!

Skelders
  • So far it looks as though I'm the only volunteer for Wednesday 13th May.

So if someone else could help on the night it would be much appreciated, particularly as I haven't done it before.

I completed my timekeeper's training course Wednesday evening this week!

Thanks in anticipation………

John