Welcome to the forum

National TT Championships this weekend

edited August 2011 in Time Trial
Wow, I just noticed that the National TT Championships are being held this weekend and almost on our doorstep.

There are some big names on the start sheet (and a certain Mr Glover of CC Ashwell on the Masters Start sheet), including 3 Sky Pro Cycling team members and Michael Hutchinson.

The event is being organised from Sawtry in Cambridgeshire (just up the A1 past Grafham Water) here

With the course itself just up the road in the lanes to the west of Sawtry, taking a circuit around Great Gidding, Luddington, Thurning and Winwick

Full details including start times, riders and course can be found here, just scroll down for all the information.

As it's so close, I'm going to wander up and see some big names in action.

Comments

• CC Ashwell done proud today,

Winner - BTTC Masters Category I(india) - Richard Glover CCA - 52min 40sec at 23.810mph

RESULT, a National Champion in the Club!

More to come with images later.
  • edited September 2011
    We arrived on the course in time to see the senior mens race but were treated to the Women and the Espoirs still on course. After having driven through torrential rain on the route north up the A1, we were half expecting to find the race cancelled, but were pleased to find the rain easing at the circuit and eventually giving way to bright clear skies and sunshine.

We enjoyed the prospect of the riders passing us 3 times on the 29 something mile route over the space of an hour or so, and the sound of disc wheels powered by professional category legs is quite disturbing, that is, when you can hear them coming from up to half a mile away.

After watching the last man (Michael Hutchinson (Geraint Thomas was a no-show and DNS)) go past 3 times, we made our way to HQ for the prize giving and the chance to stand in close proximity to some cycling heroes. We were in for a treat as the HQ was a small village hall in Sawtry and was not too packed with spectators, I managed to get my two boys (Daniel and Ethan) standing right in the front and they were 2 foot away from the winners and runners up as they presented the medals and Jerseys. I had the privilege of standing next to Wendy Houvenaghel (Women's winner) while she watched the other presentations. Giddy stuff.

The presentations lasted half an hour or so and then the opportunity arose for Daniel and Ethan to grab some autographs. They were pretty chuffed and told me they thought it was worth the wait. I also managed to spot Richard Glover's time on the results board but did not realise at the time that he had won his category. Well done Richard.

null

null

null

null

null

null

null

Juniors Category Winner - Oliver Rossi

null

Espoirs 1st, 2nd and 3rd - Douglas Dewey, George Atkins, Andrew Griffiths

null

Women's Espoir winner - Emma Trott (I think)

null

Women's 1st, 2nd and 3rd - Wendy Houvenaghel, Julia Shaw and Sarah Storey

null

Men's 1st, 2nd and 3rd - Alex Dowsett, Steve Cummings and Matthew Bottrill

null

Winner's Autograph!

null
  • Well done Richard, brilliant stuff. A National Champion in CCA !!!
  • don't forget Andrew Leveton...National short distance track champion.....well done Richard
  • Of course, sorry Andrew, 2 National Champions in CCA. Even better