Welcome to the forum

Eastern cyclocross league round 2: Hoggenberg Cross @ Hog hill

edited September 2011 in Road Racing
Saturday saw round 2 of the league at hog hill. I was the only CCA senior racing today, Daniel raced in the vets, Cam, Theo and Jon rode in the Youth race.

I was 38th, Daniel was 45th and Cam, Theo and jon were 5th, 6th and 12th respectively. well done again everyone

I can't comment on how their race went, as I only arrived 20 mins before my race. Learning point for next time: dont arrive with only 20 mins to spare before racing!!

I only got the chance to ride round half the course before we were lining up for the start, before I knew it we were off. one of the down sides of not getting familiar with the course is that you dont know where the corners are or how tight they are, hence nearly missing the very first corner!!

the course was very different from last week, up and down, some technical decents and leg draining drags. the course was bone hard, which m,ade for some fast racing.

once again, I found myself wanting to puke my guts up before long and thinking my heart was going to come out of my chest. The intensity of cross racing is bonkers, but strangely addictive.

lessons for next time out: arrive early, get warmed up and recce the course!

Lee