Welcome to the forum

Club Run review - Sunday 1st Feb 2009

edited February 2009 in Club runs
Good weather! 10-12 of us set out at 9.30am - keeping low into the wind out east towards Duxford before looping around thru Barrington. 36 miles, 17.6mph.

9-o-clockers? You get around Cambridge ok?

Comments

• Seven of us set out. Long old slog out to Cambridge. Kept to 5 minute changes so people didn't get too tired into the wind. Once we got to Fulbourn things got a bit easier, then difficult again up to Waterbrach. After than it was a tail/cross wind home.
    Andre dropped off at Gamlingay as he had done 62 the day before. Again into the wind through Hatley, where we were nearly all knocked off by a dog running into the road. Then a coast home to Ashwell. I broke off at Guiden to go home with Ash & Vincent. Stuart took the remaining two back to Ashwell. Should have been approx 62miles
    THe last 2 miles from Potton to Gamlingay were a real slog on my own into the wind. 80miles all up and tired legs today. I think the average was about 17.9mph
  • I rounded it off to 72 miles making 265 for the week and more than 1100 for 2009. Much better format doing 5 minute turns plus the weaker ones can roll through and stay on...My weight is down 10lbs from November, but my back is fecked.... need to start stretching properly soon! Looking shite again this week :(
  • Well boys nice to hear you are all training well, i am in the canaries with tendonitis in my right knee, i tried a ride yesterday and managed 50 mins, today my knee is up like a baloon, i think it may be more than just tendonitis. Been off the bike for three weeks now so all those winter miles have added up to nothing. Keep up the good work see you all sometime in the future.

Andre sounds like you are steaming mate. a sub 20 this year.